Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Good job, Tea!

Also, Nat, the pseudo screw attack has been in the games since Super Metroid. Super Metroid even teaches you about all its secret techniques in the intro demo as you progress through the game, which is why I was hoping you'd watch those once you beat the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

You're thinking while playing the game itself. In the attract mode, it shows at least Pseudo-screw, crystal flash, and a charge combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftfsh57LTp4&t=40s

Huh, that video is missing the demo that shows off the bomb spread.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Reminder that on the original GBA you really couldn't see poo poo in NOC. Made dodging the ice X much scarier than what Nat had to go through.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The SA-X encounters are so good in this game. They really show off how it must feel to be a space pirate towards the end of a game and Samus comes blasting into your base of operations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

And why did Tea say that? Because he wanted to hear the music and also the charge beam sound would get annoying.
I'd rather listen to the charge beam sound than Nat's extremely wrong opinions on the space jump.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Don't forget that the charge beam in Fusion has that flare when you fire it, which is basically worth an entire shot by itself. So point blank charge shots are much more effective than firing from a distance.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Some Goon posted:

I can't think of anything that works less for a Samus infestation.

A couple of self destruct sequences is all it takes for her to lose all her powerups. Sure, you might lose a planet or two, but consider it an investment.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The only times Ridley is a real threat are when you are doing a low % run, playing Metroid 1 without clipping into walls or when being able to hurt him is tied to a really dumb and forced melee counter mechanic.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quackles posted:

I mean, I liked that game's melee counter, though that Ridley would be cooler if he had more vulnerability windows.

I liked it too, in concept, but they fumbled the execution hard by making even fodder enemies take forever to kill if you didn't melee counter them. And Ridley was really the only boss that really got hamstrung by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

https://s1.webmshare.com/mKvJX.webm

Dunno if this is actually viewable, if not could someone suggest a decent place to host a webm?

Imgur works, but you gotta unmute it manually.
https://i.imgur.com/I2BJLD3.mp4