Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So the game gives you more reasons to fear the SA-X, not only have the X hijacked full power Samus, theyve taken her metroid killing tactics too.
Note how the SA-X freezes then super missiles you.

Also re: the galfed not being in the up and up, early in the game theres something that implies that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

I'm starting to think a self-destruct mechanism is mandated by space-OSHA.

If youre a horrible biological (space) horror containment facility then yes, it is.

We are glad to say that Umbrella corp is fully OSHA compliant.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

C-Euro posted:

I'm pretty sure that Energy Tank you struggled with in PYR has one of those pillars in the floor that you have to bomb to make appear, and that you were a tile or two from unintentionally bombing it. I was screaming at my computer that whole time.

You can keep your shinespark if you spin jump, but the timing is super tight though since it disappears pretty quick.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What did you expect Samus? You know the X reproduce by asexual division.

You get setup to think theres just the one SA-X, and youre more inclined to think that thanks to the conventions of gaming, and all X infected bosses thus far being unique craetures. ...but you also keep getting told the X are parasitic shapeshifters with a hive mind with a growing ability to learn, so why would there only be one?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SugarAddict posted:

TLDR, both are immune to conventional weaponry but metroids aren't sentient and require people to move them around, X can learn to use ships and weapons and is capable of infiltration among other things, the only short term thing X fears is metroids.

Its implied that the X are why the Chozo made the metroids.
But I can totally see how the metroids are much bigger threats than the X would ever be, especially now the galfed found a way to mass produce and raise the drat things.
Rip that research i guess.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id say Tourian is part of how the galfed can raise and rapidly evolve metroids, since Mother Brain was using tourian as a base to breed them. They basically finished what she started.
And the Aurora Units are based off of Mother Brain too HMMMMM

God metroid could go in so many varied and interesting ways. I love it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No, mother brain is a chozo original. The AUs are made by the galfed, and the pirates did steal one to take to phaaze.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FeyerbrandX posted:

Then what was that one video that they made for Prime 3 that shows them talking about the AUs and "here, enjoy this wireframe rendition of the final approach to Motherbrain"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plADYc4tnTE

Yeah the AUs are based off of Mother Brain.

See what I mean about this possibly going in super interesting ways?
Galfed repeating the mistakes of the chozo but on a rapidly accelerated timescale, and with much less heed or understanding for the consequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FeyerbrandX posted:

I also second Aria (if you played it already then do a randomizer I guess)

I think there's also different pics for 100% and maybe low%? Or maybe I'm thinking zero mission.

Im also second Aria
BUT
The Aria of Sorrow Alter romhack.