Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Look I have no idea, Tea suggested this and then when I suggested something else he loaded a shotgun.

I'm assuming something... Other than the 2D or Prime games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

At least the power bomb limitation made sense in the "we think it might asplode the station" even though after doing that you can just bomb whereever with impunity.

But yeah the "don't use your passive powers that aren't even used in an offensive capability" was insurmountably dumb, especially in the "sit in the lava for about a minute before I get yelled at for being an idiot"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Glad you remembered your ABCs

Always Be Charging.

Also shocked just how much Nightmare refused to stop swirling around at the worst locations to do damage.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Nightmare is a bioweapon made to be hard to find while it fucks poo poo up so that tracks.

Also "just follow the destruction" works just fine for breadcrumbs rather than letting Adam lead you by the hand.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Now that you've reached Nightmare, I was thinking of this lately, especially with the "Yakuza, Nettori and Nightmare trifecta"

https://www.metroid2002.com/fusion/technical_demonstration_sesshoumaru.php

Back when Bob was thought unskippable. So even if you're not new to the game, these bosses are hell. Sadly never finished, but everything after Nightmare is a victory lap honestly.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

goes through vulnerable parts of enemies. If the enemy has armor it blocks it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I too loved the reveal. the first time before Other M tucked itself between Super Metroid and this and makes Samus retroactively stupider for not connecting the exact same dots while exploring the exact same premise.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Use the 100% peacefully bred metroids for weapon!? Perish the thought.

Also the only person who is capable of killing metroids reliably was originally incapable of using the tools shes used in the past to kill them until they figured out the Ice missile. Definitely too late by then.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

Everybody be sure to turn up your speakers before watching!

I'm wearing earbuds, have not changed my normal volume settings... I'm just about to reach that point in the video.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Then what was that one video that they made for Prime 3 that shows them talking about the AUs and "here, enjoy this wireframe rendition of the final approach to Motherbrain"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plADYc4tnTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Quackles posted:

Congratulations! :golfclap:

Oh man, I could never beat the SA-X when I was a kid, so I made sure to get 100% of the items before fighting it. And just baaaaaaarely beat it.

Also, fun fact: You also get different pictures below 4 hours completion and below 2 hours, I believe.

Can I vote for Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on the GBA?

I also second Aria (if you played it already then do a randomizer I guess)

I think there's also different pics for 100% and maybe low%? Or maybe I'm thinking zero mission.