Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Edit: Wrong Sax SA-X. Need to find the right one. Looks like it got DMCAed RIP epic sax SA-X.
It appears the whole previous LP of this was DMCAed or something. It appears Meccaprime is gone and with it almost all his LP videos are gone.
Blip.tv is gone also. RIP.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Bruceski posted:

5 minutes in did you say "peak" is slang for bad because it's short for "peak time" and that's when you have lots of bears? I either didn't hear that right or England is a weird place where you can set your watch by the wildlife migration.

In Starsector "Peak" time refers to "peak performance time" or how long the ship can be in combat before it starts losing combat readiness and getting penalties.
In Eve Online, "Peak" time can refer to timezones that eve online player in that region usually come on to play, and "peak" time for corporations or alliances means what timezone they are strongest in from more of their members being online.

Peak time can also refer to various other things depending on how it's used. Peak time to travel could be considered during the dead of night when the streets are empty and there's no one to crash into and no traffic. Freeway "peak" time could refer to the time freeways are packed with traffic.

Peak solar time could also considered the best time of the day that solar generates the most energy.

Can't think of any other uses of "peak".

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Death montage intensifies.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

Natural20 is, to put it mildly, exceptionally stubborn at video games. I wonder how he would do with Bloodstained.

How would he do on demon's souls?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
:golfclap: you are doing very well.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I like the stakes progression from "here's where I think Serris is, it's a valuable specimen but you can kill it if necessary" to "Nightmare is going to destroy this entire station and I don't know where it is, glhf"

The amusing thought about this is the thought that the x have invaded everything on the station and there are still worse things. And the federation thinks that the station is still savable. Any decent x-com commander would have done the "nuke it from orbit" option or the more apt "explode the star" to stop them from escaping.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Explopyro posted:

I remember thinking the linear nature of this game would be a problem before playing it, but ended up not caring because both the narrative and gameplay design ended up being a lot tighter for it, and it allows moments like this to happen and feel more natural. It's really difficult to get a wham moment like this in a more traditionally open-ended Metroid game. It's great.

That said, I do think it's a bit of a missed opportunity we never actually get to see more than one of them at once.

The screen isn't big enough to hold more than one, and if there is more than one on the screen a "you died" screen would follow shortly after. If they were in the background fighting metroids or something that would be better.
Also why haven't they simply unleashed the metroids on the rest of the station as soon as they realized what was going on?

That would solve their x infestation problem and the metroids are nowhere near as much as a threat or as horrifically dangerious as the x. Especially considering the x are as dangerous as the flood are from the Halo universe, or possibly more dangerious considering the x don't care as much about physical barriers or shields and managed to basically take over an entire station that I think is supposed to be designed *specifically* to stop things like this considering how well the metroids get around, over the course of maybe a day or two.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Metroids are super dangerious because normal weapons don't work on them and they eat almost anything that's alive but they can't space travel on their own. The X are even more dangerous because they eat just about EVERYTHING, gain the knowledge and weapons of their victims and can even remix and spread them around, process data organically so they can hack and take over non-organic systems and such and use them.

TLDR, both are immune to conventional weaponry but metroids aren't sentient and require people to move them around, X can learn to use ships and weapons and is capable of infiltration among other things, the only short term thing X fears is metroids.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Omobono posted:

They pointed Metroid Samus at the problem, didn't they?

Metroid samus can talk and leave the station and operate doors. Regular metroids aren't smart enough to do that.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

everything is fine, there is no problem with Dark Samus.

I did not know you're a member of the Dark Samus Fanclub.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

It works as an embedded link

EDIT EDIT: ...well, okay it does when you add the https bit in front of it

Works for me when I remove the s in the https in it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Some Goon posted:

Tea doing PIP sign language...

I should have done this sooner.

Edited: Slighty better.

Natural 20 posted:

there is no problem with Dark Samus.

Do you have one of these on your bed?

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

...! posted:

^^^^^ What the gently caress is Guts?

Guts is an unfortunate protagonist victim in the Berserk book/manga/anime series. Very brutal, gory, bad and dark story, and Guts tends to get stabbed, eaten, burned, thrown, impaled, arm chopped off, eye gouged out, 1000x punched in a single second, etc. and he keeps going like a medieval Doomguy almost but with a bigass sword that he swings around one hand.