Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

This is the game with the hardest to use wall jump, since it pushes you so far away from the wall. At least you don't need to use it.

The best wall jump is in Samus Returns, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I think the reason why the space pirates look different is because all of the X copies look different from the original enemy. Presumably, the pirate that the X copied didn't look like this.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

C-Euro posted:

E: Since a few people have mentioned it, should I give Samus Returns another shot? I got maybe halfway through it before falling off of my 3DS in general, though with that game I was firmly at "it's alright" rather than "hell yeah this rules".

Gameplaywise, Samus Returns is the best of the Metroid games outside of the Prime series. I think you should go back to it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

There was a bit of desync in this. You seemed to say something a moment before something happened in the game.

Got to love the first Serris reaction :allears:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

That was a dick move, Tea :argh:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

You cleared that a lot faster than I expected :psyduck:.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

For the record, if you just sit and wait, without using the power bomb, the SA-X will leave. Once it's encounter theme goes away, it is safe to power bomb and leave.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

It doubles back a couple of times, and it takes a while before it leaves, but yes, it will leave the room.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I hope that you have a death counter for the next video. Especially since Natural 20 never uses angled shots.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

I hope that you have a death counter for the next video. Especially since Natural 20 never uses angled shots.

Huh, turns out that angled shots weren't a problem. But I was right to expect a ton of deaths.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Given how much you hate using space jump, you are doing surprisingly well in this fight. It's just that Nightmare has way too much hp.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

So apparently, the only reason you kept losing against Nightmare was because it kept giving you terrible patterns. Once it gave you a good pattern, you killed it really fast.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

FeyerbrandX posted:

I too loved the reveal. the first time before Other M tucked itself between Super Metroid and this and makes Samus retroactively stupider for not connecting the exact same dots while exploring the exact same premise.

I mean, Samus never said that she didn't figure it out beforehand. She only responded with ............ until the SA-X reveal.

NGDBSS posted:

What does the speedrun strat for BOX look like here? I recall back in the heyday of GameFAQs everyone recommended the safe strat that Natural20 figured out. I've never beaten this boss any other way. But I wonder what other options there are.

From some speedrun videos I just watched, angled shots and having B.O.X. go under you to make him stop his jumping/running.

But the real speedrun strat shown at AGDQ2019 uses memory editing to end the game early, right after getting power bombs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXvWYFgeUA

At about 49:30.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 5, 2020

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Everybody be sure to turn up your speakers before watching!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Vonnie posted:

Somehow I had managed to completely block out the Ridley fight from my memory.

The only impact Neo Ridley leaves is on your ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

You beat the SA-X in three tries. I had to pass the gba to one of my friends at school to beat it (I also had less health than you when I got to it).

Another vote for Aria of Sorrow.

Edit:

Explopyro posted:

Edit: thanks, Quackles, for posting the ending images. It's probably also worth noting that the Japanese version had a separate set of ending images for Hard Mode (though honestly most of these are kind of... bad, we're not missing much), but they removed Hard in the English release so we don't get to see those.

Minor correction: The NA release of Metroid Fusion was first, and the JP version came out three months after that. They added hard mode for JP, they didn't take it away from NA.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 10, 2020