Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
This game does so many things wrong that are cardinal sins for a Metroid game, and yet it does so many things right that no other Metroid game has done that I can't help but love it. I don't think I'd ever want there to be another Metroid game like Fusion, but I am really happy this game exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Omobono posted:

I should probably replay Samus Returns, did we skip Ridley in that one? To be fair, it was the second game, they probably hadn't settled on R as this recurring nemesis that won't stay dead, stop cloning him you fucker space pirates.

How many Ridley kills does Samus have by now? Including Prime games and (ugh) Other M.
He's not in Metroid II, but they decided to have him show up in the Samus Returns remake just because.

Including Prime and Other M, I think that makes 5 or 6, depending on how you count Samus Returns.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Alien Arcana posted:

I just noticed that the Fusion suit pulses. The blue stuff is living tissue. I'd always thought it was just some kind of synthetic rubber or something that was patching the gaps in the suit.

I don't know why that surprises me, or why I didn't notice it before.
Are you sure it isn't just Samus breathing? She had a similar idle animation in Super with bits of the suit moving slightly.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Fun fact: the missile tank in the glass-window tunnel is actually required. You can't finish the game without picking it up unless you glitch out the game. Predictably speedrunners have figured out how to do this, but for us normal people the minimum percent you can finish Fusion with is 1% :eng101: