Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Leperflesh posted:

That polycarbonate cell plastic stuff lasts like 10-20 years, it's UV-resistant and pretty good.
This sort of thing: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Palram-Sunlite-24-in-x-48-in-x-5-16-in-Polycarbonate-Clear-Twinwall-Sheet-174040/305560353

It lasts way longer than that but is easier to damage the older it gets. The stuff on my greenhouse doors is probably at least 30 however its probably brittle enough that you could walk right through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

kastein posted:

All of them, some are just judgy about it too

No pictures but a few days ago I went and bought a 21ft W8x13 I-beam and brought it to the property and today I managed to get it dragged into position. Tomorrow I hope to get it lifted to the correct height and build an A-frame support on the outdoor end and a support column and horizontal brace on the indoor end. That way I can hang my chainfall dolly on it and move my heavy rear end things into the shed without having to wrestle them up 2 feet and in a door (which is next to impossible for some of my things.)

The last place I worked had overhead bridge cranes, anything over 50 lbs and you used the crane. Beats the hell out of a forklift or loader, its one of those home shop improvements like getting a 2 post lift or climate control that makes a huge difference.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Yup, that's a beam alright.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Looks like it worked great for you. I like the Jeep crane, looks a bit more substantial than my 3 point hitch crane.