Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I know you've got your plans set but if you moved your shop closure to the eventual house you could have water/septic there as well. Unless that's already planned and I missed it. I don't think you'd regret having water/septic hookups in your shop.

I had a similar desire someday to build a pole building "cabin" and park a camper in it with water/sewer hookup until I was ready to finish out the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Motronic posted:

So that looks like you're talking about steel roofing panels, not actual standing seam that you'd see on 1800's construction. The standing seam roofing I'm talking about is made from rolls of steel and is literally soldered and folded at the joints. It's horrendously labor intensive.

How does the stuff you posted work? Because it looks like various styles of roofing panels that I can get here, all of which you'd be using gasketed screws to install.

This is a good video of how it works. This guy does great, very maticulous work. All his videos are worth a look and I posted them a few times for kastein to consider when he builds his shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkTB-vGOdI

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

kastein posted:

Yup. They got a passing sample this time, just got the notification from him!

Great news. Our house failed too when we were buying it, the realtor said it's very common in wells that sit and don't get used regularly.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Not zip tape but I imagine it's very similar, I've had good experience with the gorilla waterproof tape on my white trash sam's club pool. I've used it on the "holes" to keep the water in and to cover up the metal frame because I'm using salt water now. Has been holding up really well considering this is the 4th season.

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-4612502-Waterproof-Patch-Black/dp/B07HSKRYQW

I'm on the hunt for the same pool to put up next year and the gorilla tape is a standard part of the install IMO.