Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
Here as well. The lunacy will be reduced, I'm sure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

n0tqu1tesane posted:

I'm going with fixed cellular with a couple directional antennas for our rural river house. Was able to get a supposedly true unlimited T-Mobile SIM through a special deal with my wife's job. Got the setup and tested it the last couple weeks and it's solid so far. 30 down 10 up pretty consistently. House won't be finished for another couple months, so I haven't done the permanent install yet.

Here it is in testing at our family place two lots over, pointed at a tower 7 miles away. There's another tower closer, but I wasn't able to get a good shot at it from this house.

This is so awesome. I need to send this to my ex co-worker that lives in the middle of nowhere with zero internet, much like kestein

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

cakesmith handyman posted:

What you going to do, print it and post it?

Certainly carrier pigeon. :D

Forgot to mention he uses a cellular hotspot with absolutely terrible range.