Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

kastein posted:

GREETINGS INTERNET BLACKBERRY ENTHUSIASTS

So Thursday we flew into LAX, rode North to Nipomo with my in-laws. Took stock of the condition of the beast, planned Friday parts and tools acquisition.

Condition:
Hasn't driven in 3? 5? 10? Years. Uncertain. "Overheated once but we filled it right back up", radiator chock full of brownish blackish foamy sludge of indeterminate provenance. 2008 date coded tires with the Grand Canyon dry cracked into the sidewalls. Cooling system had a gallon of liquid in it but that's it. Many dead bulbs. Batteries totally shot. Roof tarped because it leaks. Belts crusty and flapping. Etc etc etc

Bought some new radiator hoses, oil change, fuel filter, trans filter, belts, etc. New starting battery. Got it to hold water, filled it up, got it started, verified it holds pressure. New wipers, fixed all the exterior lighting, changed the oil. I'm out of time or I'd change the trans fluid too, it looks alright. Got new tires on it today.

Remaining repairs needed: belts, patch roof, waterproof the window on the door.

We start the 1200 mile drive tomorrow. I would post pics but my phone has its head up its rear end and so does the imgur app so... No pictures because it's 2021 and software developers have made uploading and hotlinking a jpeg loving impossible.

Hopefully we make it there, if so we'll be in Washington later this week and... Then flying back east again.

As someone who lives in Nipomo why come all the way here to buy an... RV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU