Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

kastein posted:

Options at present:
Dialup if you can get anyone to string copper that far out
Wave if you're North of a certain point on the peninsula which we are not
Hughesnet satellite (the first H is silent)
Two cans and a very long piece of string

That's... About it. No cable, no dsl this far south. At all. No fiber.

If things go well for starlink I'll probably be a customer. If they go poorly I hope to start my own ISP and sell internet to a few hundred of my neighbors instead of having a corporate job.

I'm going with fixed cellular with a couple directional antennas for our rural river house. Was able to get a supposedly true unlimited T-Mobile SIM through a special deal with my wife's job. Got the setup and tested it the last couple weeks and it's solid so far. 30 down 10 up pretty consistently. House won't be finished for another couple months, so I haven't done the permanent install yet.

Here it is in testing at our family place two lots over, pointed at a tower 7 miles away. There's another tower closer, but I wasn't able to get a good shot at it from this house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

kastein posted:

I only get 1 to 2 bars of Verizon in one corner of the property. That is an option with a nice directional antenna like you have but I'm hoping to not rely on it.

My cousins with T-Mobile usually only get 1-2 bars at that property, and receiving calls indoors is hit and miss. It really is amazing what some decent directional antennas will do.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

mr.belowaverage posted:

I would very much like a link.

My dealer group has a dozen RV shops, and the new, modern factory work is appalling. The repair work is even worse, and it’s virtually impossible to wring quality out of RV techs because they are a very special sub-species of extremely proud, self-aggrandizing hillbilly technician that you cannot argue with.

I know this is from a while back, but this is the guy that keeps showing up on my FYP. https://www.tiktok.com/@azrvexpert?lang=en