Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
these jokes are boring but also it's probly just because bushiroad is weird. this kinda stuff with bushiroad properties usually comes back to their upper management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davincie posted:

F bomb lol... is this a christian forum

Hey gently caress you, buddy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i doubt its bushi mandating no male characters ever. like bang dream has some actual named male characters with faces, even if theyre just characters dads or whatever. the more likely explanation is just that the animators are having fun. the bathroom sign being edited out in sunshine definitely has that as the explanation, anyway.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bushiroad also doesn't have a lot of say over the franchise as a whole given it just does the mobile games. Sunrise still probably calls most of the shots

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

I don't think dropping fucks is a common phrase

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wark Say posted:

Some of the best Gintama episodes are at least partially "filler".

In fairness it was probably far easier for Gintama episode writers to come up with "filler" since you can more or less do anything within the show's setting and it'll fit.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Davincie posted:

i dont think you understand. they literally are bombs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gently caress!!!!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Strange Quark posted:

They dropped so many f-bombs in the first ep of Hypmic and I think they only went ham because there are tons of f-bombs in the official rap lyrics too.

This was in the OP:

I haven't watched it yet, but now I hope it gets a dub. Funimation have a history of taking an MA rating and abusing it as far as they can push it :allears:.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I made a thread for Hypmic: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3942912

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Hell yeah!

quote:

Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima
A-1 Pictures | Katsumi Ono | Shin Yoshida | Music | Other | Oct 3, 2020
In a world where women now dominate the government, the creation and use of weapons is strictly forbidden. However, by no means has conflict been brought to an end; instead of weapons, war is waged through words. With the power of the "Hypnosis Mic," lyrics can affect one's opponent in various ways and cause real damage. Those in the divisions outside the women-only Chuou Ward thus use it for fierce rap battles as their weapon in the constant clash for territory.
Thread

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Robviously posted:

I feel like Inuyasha dragged on far worse in TV form than it did as a manga. You completely hit the nail on the head about the small character growth sprinkled in, even when they were fighting obscure yokai #263 there was still something pushing the main story threads forward one way or another. Inuyasha in the modern world should have been an entire series onto itself imo and I definitely think that Yashahime is going to be well served by being either 1 cour or split into cours with breaks.

Tangentially, I really feel like we may have seen the end of filler arcs in anime. If MHA isn't getting a continuously running series, I really don't know what series would or could given how well it and other jump series are doing with time between seasons.

Do they usually announce if an anime is going to be split into several cours?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's been or becoming somewhat common to just... leave everyone in the dark until the end of the first half or something. Strange practice.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Space Flower posted:

It's been or becoming somewhat common to just... leave everyone in the dark until the end of the first half or something. Strange practice.

Is it common for 26 episodes to be split up into two separate 13 episode seasons if they aren't an adaptation of a manga?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Space Flower posted:

I'd wager it's to A: build up demand in the emergent fanbase, and B: be able to quietly take a show out back and shoot it if there is no emergent fanbase.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Is it common for 26 episodes to be split up into two separate 13 episode seasons if they aren't an adaptation of a manga?

it's fairly common these days for production reasons, having a 3 or 6 month break in between gives the animation staff time to catch up and make sure the second half isn't a production disaster.

a lot of times they just don't announce the episode counts for shows at all and people figure them out from the blu-ray listings, which adds that layer of confusion when the show turns out to be split cour

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Tales of Woe posted:

it's fairly common these days for production reasons, having a 3 or 6 month break in between gives the animation staff time to catch up and make sure the second half isn't a production disaster.

a lot of times they just don't announce the episode counts for shows at all and people figure them out from the blu-ray listings, which adds that layer of confusion when the show turns out to be split cour

I was wondering because for Yashahime, the only thing that I know is that it will be at least a single cour, based off an image the official Twitter account shared showing 13 episode scripts. From that I'd think it'd be split into two cours, but I don't think Sunrise has ever split a 25/26 episode series into two seperate cours - I've only seen them do it for Gundam 00, IBO and Phi-Brain, and those had 25 episodes per season.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 5, 2020

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

gently caress

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

what's wrong

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

gently caress
Are you ok, orvster?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if you need support orv, we are there for you

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sleepy Princess anime has begun and it's basically the manga. I should probably reread the first few chapters to see if there's any changes, but from my recollection it starts off pretty sleep solution/demon of the week and honestly feels a little dull until they get into proper arcs and character exploration.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sleepy princess ED owns. show is p good too

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Sleepy Princess anime has begun and it's basically the manga. I should probably reread the first few chapters to see if there's any changes, but from my recollection it starts off pretty sleep solution/demon of the week and honestly feels a little dull until they get into proper arcs and character exploration.

Yeah I gave it a watch and while Inori Minase's always fun to listen to and it's very easy on the eyes in that usual DogaKobo way, I feel like it doesn't have enough character to really hold my attention. Maybe in a season with less going on.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I fell off the sleep princess manga fairly quickly but I really liked the first episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They might skip over or compress some chapters since it's a fairly light series and wants to get some of the other main secondary characters in faster. I too ended up falling off of this at one point and then coming back on. It's very light so there's a lot of room for them to just pull later chapters and mix things up, but we'll see.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah the fact that they atleast showed bussy (the succubus who looks exactly like syalis) in the OP seems to show that they're probably gonna condense some of the item acquired chapters together.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bussy...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

I cant help that that is her name. or just the name that syalis gives her in the viz translations.

Also having looked at my volume 2 (cant find 1 right this second) i think that first episode was probably like...5-6 chapters worth of story in one episode. i remember getting the sleep bandana/tiara being shown off a bit more in the manga.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The actual name is Sakkyun based on scanalations.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Sleepy Princess is cute.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Xelkelvos posted:

Well, the first episode certainly put me to sleep, so I don't know if that's a mark of a successful show.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Yashahime's first episode was a lot to take in for someone who doesn't know the first thing about Inuyasha. Lots of proper names to remember, lots of interpersonal dynamics to infer, lots of plot points to guess at. It looks like the next episode is going to focus more on the new characters, if not I might just have to bite the bullet and read an Inuyasha plot summary or something.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I think I'm going to enjoy this season!

So far I'm watching

Wandering Witch - first episode was all set-up, but looks promising, and the animation was better than it needed to be, which is always nice.
Assault Lily - clearly derivative trash, but I haven't watched the stuff it's deriving, so I enjoyed it. (Should I just watch symphogear instead? I am open to recommendations)
Sleepy Princess - I laughed! I'm hoping it has more than one joke though.
Talentless Nana - I am excited to see the second episode

I watched the first episode of Tonikaku Kawaii and I will not be watching the second, what a heap of poo poo.

I might try hypnosis mic, but I'll see what the thread consensus is in a few weeks

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

MonsterEnvy posted:

I will recommend it. I have read some of the first few chapters as well.

Big Spoilers unless you have watched the episode.
It's kind of Death Note like with the protagonist and such.

This has to be a happy coincidence that it happens to coincide with a massive cultural fad sweeping the youtube/twitch community.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Phobophilia posted:

This has to be a happy coincidence that it happens to coincide with a massive cultural fad sweeping the youtube/twitch community.
Which is?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

cave emperor posted:

Yashahime's first episode was a lot to take in for someone who doesn't know the first thing about Inuyasha. Lots of proper names to remember, lots of interpersonal dynamics to infer, lots of plot points to guess at. It looks like the next episode is going to focus more on the new characters, if not I might just have to bite the bullet and read an Inuyasha plot summary or something.

Yeah, the first episode was specifically the epilogue of the original series so it should start going on its own track next episode.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Forgall posted:

Which is?

I would presume Among Us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Splode posted:

Assault Lily - clearly derivative trash, but I haven't watched the stuff it's deriving, so I enjoyed it. (Should I just watch symphogear instead? I am open to recommendations)
Symphogear is incredibly good, especially the first two seasons.