Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Assault Lilly is really borrowing from Nanoha/Symphogear/other sources and just ramping the gay up to 11 and welp I'm in. Also helps it's stylish too

Like the first episode of Higurshi (going in blind which should be a thing)

Burn the Witch would be something I'd like if it was for the guy and also the feeling that it's just Bleach but in London

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tonikawa at the very least has opening of the season locked up

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Went from watching 5 shows last season to watching 5 shows on Saturday alone

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bushiroad also doesn't have a lot of say over the franchise as a whole given it just does the mobile games. Sunrise still probably calls most of the shots

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Adachi and Shimamura 1 was very good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Love Live is good and manages to feel like Love Live yet also be different

Latest Yashahime is good too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Adachi and Shimamura is real good both in adapting the source but also being just a visually nice show to look at

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Moroha being the brains of the trio was kinda of out of left field but makes sense in that she very much feels like a child of Inuyasha and Kagome

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I get what this weeks episode of Elaina was trying to say but it felt like the episode was only like half of what it should be to tell that type of story

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Moroha is my front runner

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I probably should start reading the LN as I've seen quite a few praising them (and than also lamenting the choices the anime mad in adapting)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Last two episode of Sigrdrifa have pushed it up from being okay to pretty great (Well it started to get great when it had a Pippin cameo and great SF2 background gag)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

As the sole person still watching it, I'm still enjoying Iwakakeru. Its biggest flaw however is that Iwamine is not in every scene.

I'm watching it and I adore the fact it's combing sports drama with Saki like powers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be hard for any Geass mobile game to top the Geass Granblue event ending Which just had the cast decide to stay in the Granblue world cause it was way less lovely than their home world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I started playing cause of the Precure event which was amazing but now am deep in gacha hell thanks to cags and Katalaina/Vira

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Turns out Strawberry Panic with Nanoha weaponry is a pretty great idea

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Elaine is a real good example of how good animation doesn't always equal good direction

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

remember when make my abilities average in the next life's anime added a predatory lesbian for literally no reason

SURE DO. God I really really hated that adaptation

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also there was zero build to that scene as well.A competent director would of used some horror style shot framing to build tension to the reveal but the episode did none of that. It was just bam, violence, and as it had no build it just had no weight beyond a cheap shock

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1334833690321416193

weren't there a bunch of people on here clamoring for a hockey anime

Yes

I'm very intrigued

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

D4DJ doing some great faces with it's 3D animation. Also being really fun watch even if the fact it needs background characters unlike Bandori means those characters look like PS2 era RPG NPC's

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's something broadcast anime has been doing for awhile to meet broadcast standards

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That was very silly and also very gay so it gets my seal of approval. Oshii back to doing comedy is also good given how his last few serious projects have underwhelmed me

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Winter Anime Season 2021: Sons of Secret Society Blanket

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I actually kinda of miss the days of people taking camcorder copies of anime movies and fan subbing them

Anyway this has the potential of being another packed season for me. Hyped for more comfy camping and maximum Nyanpasu

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wandering Witch ending on sequel hook that the show can't justify is a fitting end for the most disappointing show of the season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say it's kind of funny how the anime ends on a story (which I liked in the books) that's pretty much entirely dependent on the viewer having some level of affection for Elaina herself, when I and basically everyone I hang out with would probably say the show's biggest problem is that it makes Elaina much much much harder to like compared to the source material lol.

Saya seemed like a way better lead just based on the anime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wasn't expecting Wandering Witch to be Kino like, the first 2 episodes (which i thought were good) set it up to be more of a travelog and I was all in for that. But show just sorta of lost focus and did nothing with Elaina

Its telling that the best episode was the one with Fran and Shelia as students and the worst episode (for me) was the follow up where Elaina really didn't do anything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's a real strong adaptation as it took the potential trouble of trying to do an anime with two distinct narrative POV's and made it a strength. It's the best show of the season for me just barely edging out Love Live and Akudama Drive

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

D4Dj has some amazing 3D faces and Toei Precure 3D work has always been good but given this is by the Berserk studio being wary is probably a good thing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

cave emperor posted:

How is D4Dj anyway? It was on my "maybe" list at the start of the season, but it completely slipped my mind until now.

Its a fun show that has some real good comedic timing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nijigasaki to me feels like the strongest 1st season out of all the Love Live's cause of the character focus. It made it feel like it's in a middle ground between the first 2 season and Aikatsu. Been loving the series and it's a close second behind Adashima for my favorite show of the season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1342145641800216576

Go Hands messing up a show before it even airs is amazing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They also apparently copied design from another manga too. Cause you know Tokyo Babylon doesn't have a lot of iconic designs you could use already

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It got pointed out online in Japan too so the clothing designs they ripped off were super obvious so lol Go Hands

Anyway Adachi and Shimamura ending was great and pulled it ahead of Bloom into You's anime as the ending works as a stopping point unlike Bloom's. Please give us a second season so we can see the finale of the manga animated

Also speaking of Adashima finished Regarding Saeki Sayaka and it's really good. Normally I'm not a huge fan of stories that create a new character so the rejected member of a love triangle has someone to date but the whole series does such a great job getting into Sayaka's head that I wanted her to get a girlfriend at the end of volume 2. Plus Haru herself is just a real good character

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/evangelion_co/status/1342288956528979974

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Iwakakeru was the biggest surprise for me this season that I liked. Just a good solid sports anime when the last two one with a female cast all met unfortunate production disaster ends

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Odaiba Gundam exists in Love Live!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The problem with Elaina is that she really didn't end up doing a lot in the anime. Even in the second to last episode the main conflict was resolved by her teacher which was a big "Wait why resolve it this way?"

The adaptation just made a bunch of curious choices in what it added (The Flower episode in the light novel didn't end with the town getting wiped out it was more of "This dangerous thing is over there, avoid it") and what it didn't change and it resulted in a very uneven series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So Talentless Nana was a good series but unless we get a season 2 I'm down on the ending cause its a super mean read the source ending