Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Isn’t that the same as the one room schools in rural America

One room schools didn't happen because there were no kids around anymore. If anything it's the reverse of one room schools.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1320902219340730369?s=20

MAPPA doing an anime about the black samurai Yasuke with character designs by Koike.

I was interested right up to the moment they mentioned it includes giant robots and magic.

How was his story not interesting enough already?

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 27, 2020

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

On the other hand, I don't think there's been a good Sengoku-era mecha show yet (unless Kuromukuro counts), and I feel like the armour designs of the era allow for some really cool possibilities. I totally want a Date Masamune Gundam.

I like Kuromukoro but that had as much to do with the story being interesting as anything else. It only kinda counts though, since they were using an ancient aliens thing to fit the mecha in.

(I would've enjoyed it more if they excised every second of Love Rival Guy, Whiny Spanish Dude, and Creepy Streamer Guy, though. They're more annoying than the kids in Eureka Seven, and without adding anything redeeming to the plot.)

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

The anti-netflix approach

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Funi seems to be making an effort to diversify their voice casting pool, which is great of course.

But it's a bit weird seeing that advertised attached to loving Mahouka of all things.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-12-07/anime-dallas-president-guest-exposed-to-covid-19-one-week-prior-to-event/.167144

Or, how to make a bad idea worse.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Can someone give me a brief on why Redo Healer is so gross? Google didnt produce much.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

That's the second time I've seen something set on the Taishō period that does exactly nothing interesting with it. I suppose doing something gross with it is just trying to set a record or something.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

sinky posted:

Featuring the very boring real life event, the Great Kanto earthquake.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of "why did this entire country go batshit crazy after this emperor died?" Level of self-examination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Endorph posted:

the japanese are human beings with senses of humor, irony, and comedic exaggeration, op

"Cause I'm never gonna stop streak my dream" is still bizarre hth.