Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, I think the big problem is when they throw information at you before they give you a reason to care.

Or the too-common approach of starting with a fight scene which has zero tension because I have no idea who anyone is or what the stakes are

e: that said, still better than the non-in-media-res stuff that opens with a lecture about the political geography of the fantasy world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The Colonel posted:

it's a common sentiment and i don't understand why... gou is way more expressively drawn and animated than the old show was, even the stiffer shots still have a fair amount of character to them...

i think a part of it is just that akio watanabe designed the cast to be somewhat cleaner, more easy to animate versions of their original designs, rather than kinda redesigning them like most stuff does, so everyone looks just as goofy as they did in the original vn

Probably because it starts off kinda off-model

It seems to get rather better later.

I like Ryuukishi07's original art style and I'd love to see an anime use it whole cloth

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is there some kind of remake or sequel of TWEWY coming out that explains why they're making an anime out of a 13 year old game?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ah that makes sense. Spring anime to get people ready for a summer game release

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

PYF fake anime brands

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I bounced right off the first episode of Slime Isekai because it felt too much like a bad let's play of the tutorial level of a mediocre rpg

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Maera Sior posted:

So why not go back to the original designs then?

I imagine they will, but they'll have to redraw a ton of stuff, hence the delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The worst is shows where every episode is kind of dull but tricks you into thinking that the next episode is going to be good. I think I watched about 7 episodes of Robotics;Notes before I caught on