Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I watched the first two episodes of Iwakakeru, and while I'm not a big sports anime person and I don't think it will reach Hanebado or Harukana, it sure seems to be speed running the sports story beats so I'm interested to see where it's going and whether it will keep its momentum.

Kinda makes me want to go climbing again, despite not having done it in years or ever seriously.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Is this that moe thing people keep talking about

No I am.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not everything needs to be a refutation of something else.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

But I can't read.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Annointed posted:

More Danmachi. When I watched this series’s season one I didn’t expect an upcoming Race War.

I think I'm peacing out on it. Season 2 kinda put a damper on my feelings on it due to how its tone changes, and season 3 looks to be continuing that. Not making a value judgment, just it's going in a direction I just am not into.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As the sole person still watching it, I'm still enjoying Iwakakeru. Its biggest flaw however is that Iwamine is not in every scene.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CrazySalamander posted:

My wife and I are watching it and it’s a strong candidate for anime of the year for us.

Jun made me actually say "Oh no" out loud several times last episode. Girl can't climb the walls she's put up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That one is not so much unhealthy as just they are extremely dumb.

If you want unhealthy relationships, please consult the collected works of Takemiya Jin.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well they're not all unhealthy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GOTY if every character can still wear anything and it actually shows up on the characters in game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm down to watch that gremlin get owned some more, though I guess the policewoman ex is out of the picture now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Iwakakeru is still some good Sports now that I'm caught up. Cat puns girl redeemed herself.

Still needs more Iwamine, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 30, 2020

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rudoku posted:

Be fair. If you read the description of the show and nothing else it sounds like pure incel fanwank. That ends in cross dressing.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The clumsy maid should have won.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

We respect Gundam 00 (season 1) in this house.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You are twitter poisoned.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, this is the part where it feels extremely horny. It's not the bare muscles part but the "half the girls are American D cup or bigger" part

Oh no.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just finished Iwakakeru, and though I'm not really a sports anime watcher I enjoyed it. Not quite up with Hanebado and Harukana Receive, due to some pacing issues and I think it could've used one more episode. It wasn't a visual spectacle like they were either, but still did well enough and they remembered to show muscles which is good to see. You're also given enough of the other schools' characters to have some investment in them as well. Not a show I'd say to go far out of your way for, but fun nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You say that like idol concerts where they break rocks with their bare hands wouldn't own.