Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I feel like Inuyasha dragged on far worse in TV form than it did as a manga. You completely hit the nail on the head about the small character growth sprinkled in, even when they were fighting obscure yokai #263 there was still something pushing the main story threads forward one way or another. Inuyasha in the modern world should have been an entire series onto itself imo and I definitely think that Yashahime is going to be well served by being either 1 cour or split into cours with breaks.

Tangentially, I really feel like we may have seen the end of filler arcs in anime. If MHA isn't getting a continuously running series, I really don't know what series would or could given how well it and other jump series are doing with time between seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

That's my mistake then. Watching MHA, I didn't realize that they added stuff to it. I also just have the idea that a filler arc is at least a cour and usually multiple since it's usually the continuous shows that need to pad it out ala One Piece or Dragon Ball.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

The manga is teasing a big announcement tomorrow so it may have just been posted early?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Eeepies posted:

Overlord OP 3 for me. It was horrible compared to Clatannoia.

Go Cry Go was OP 2 not 3 though?