Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Dzhay posted:

The popularity of this show continues to confuse and delight me.

(I mean, I liked it, but I assumed I was basically alone in that)

YouTube was constantly baraging me with recommended videos of it for like a month so I gave in and watched the first season and was hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I think Tower of God meanders a bit from time to time like any other long running shounen but I am still somehow far more invested in Bam and company and their eventual quest at present than I am with pretty much any other equivalent. I think its principal characters still work and the setting remains quite interesting IMO. Compared to say One Piece, a manga I've been reading for 16ish years that I went from reading speedscans and raws during certain arcs to skimming whatever the latest chapters are about now.

I REALLY dislike the complete cast swap outs that they do for Tower of God. So much so I dropped the webtoon as I couldn't be assed to care about yet another new set of mains.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Enjoyed the first episode of wondering Witch.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Sleepy Princess anime has begun and it's basically the manga. I should probably reread the first few chapters to see if there's any changes, but from my recollection it starts off pretty sleep solution/demon of the week and honestly feels a little dull until they get into proper arcs and character exploration.

Well, the first episode certainly put me to sleep, so I don't know if that's a mark of a successful show.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Forgall posted:

Which is?

I would presume Among Us.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I will recommend it. I have read some of the first few chapters as well.

Big Spoilers unless you have watched the episode.
It's kind of Death Note like with the protagonist and such.

Watched this finally and I'm kind of confused as to which side is actually the "enemy of humanity" since nothing about the rest of the class really indicates they are evil per-say, and the "self appointed class rep" abilities in particular would be completely useless in combating humans.

I suspected that the class might have been an actual training ground for the enemies at first, but honestly by the end of episode despite Nana's statements, I'm less convinced than I was at the start.

Nana, at least in the short time we had with her real self, seemed to be convinced that she is fighting the enemies of humanity. So is she the one who's been deceived and is unknowingly helping them? That seems like the most plausible situation.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm enjoying the first episode of Adachi to Shimamura.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The second episode of Wandering Witch would have made a much better first I think.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Isn't everyone in Durarara secretly a member of the mafia?

I've never seen it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

It's probably my favorite of the season so far.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Dzhay posted:

Quite, I spent most of the episode asking "why aren't you helping?". Especially the first bit, which really could be resolved through brute force.

Both could have been solved through brute force TBH.:byoscience:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

You all need to be watching Talentless Nana. This show rules, and it is absolutely not the generic MHA ripoff it seems to be for most of the first episode.

Eh, I really didn't like the second episode. They spent all of like 5 seconds on the kill and it just left me confused as to what actually happened there.

If you've ever had to give a speech that's timed and you realize that you're running out of time and have to wrap up the speech and end up giving a sloppy and rushed conclusion. That's what the second episode felt like.

Haven't even bothered to watch after that.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 21, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Started watching Kamisama ni Natta Hi and I'm really enjoying it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

i appreciate that jun maeda is still living in 2006 and writing anime accordingly but i have 0 faith in him to write a show with a satisfying shoe drop

What sort of shoe drop are you envisioning? I think they've been pretty up front with the plot and stakes in the first episode, and the second episode makes it clear that his family has a connection to the gods apart from Odin.

Presumably this is all a lead up to Ragnarok, the end of which, in the norse mythology, has two humans repopulating the earth, and it's clear who those would be

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 23, 2020

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Insert a Name Here posted:

I didn't like this show and comic too much, but I was oblivious the entire time as to why. It's mostly a girl's show apprently.

It's well done, just wasn't my thing. A very good action drama comic, anyhow.

I dunno man, I'm a guy and I watched the hell out of inuyasha as a kid.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Finally got around to watching the latest Adachi to Shimamura. Adachi being elated after asking Shimamura on a date on Christmas is very cute.

I think it's pretty clear that Shimamura has some hang ups about people relying on her, given the flashback to her preschool days and her unwillingness to recognize that Adachi is asking her out. It's not that she doesn't consider the thought, it's that she doesn't think she's valuable enough for someone to want to spend Christmas with HER specifically.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Man, Adachi To Shimamura really is Disaster Gay: The Anime.

I'm loving it

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

I enjoyed the first episode because it seemed to be Kino's Journey but... less implicitly self-congratulatory

https://twitter.com/colonvee/status/1314598578279649284?s=20

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Is she cute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Aoi Yuuki is the best.

Also I am so incredibly excited for this. I even held off on continuing the manga for the anime!

Judging from the poster of the show we get to see my favorite character in the series. Likely near the end, so I'm pretty excited about that too.