Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yay it's Haikyuu time again! :woop:

Pretty hype for Jujutsu Kaisen, I like the manga a lot and the preview clips have looked really good. Also I'm excited to finally get to watch Heaven Official's Blessing :toot:

I love the Noblesse webtoon but I'm afraid the adaption is going to be rear end so idk if I'll bother watching it but if it's not awful I might. I'll eventually finish the 2nd season of Golden Kamuy so I can watch s3 but the season will probably be over before I get to it. There's a few other things I'm interested in or at least curious about enough to check out an episode or two but idk if I want to commit to anything else yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
p sure Inuyasha ran in a shonen magazine

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Epi Lepi posted:

Noblesse is one of the few summaries that intrigued me, how come you think the adaptation might suck? Just a guess or are there red flags I’m not seeing since I’m not super knowledgeable about anime?

other people beat me to it but it seems like the trend for webtoon adaptions is to crunch the plot really intensely and cram like hundreds of chapters into a 12 episode show so I'm expecting it to basically be nonsense with maybe some nice looking fights.

Noblesse isn't especially deep because it is just an action/fighting comic but it does have a plot and imo does some decent character development especially around teambuilding and building up the side characters, like I think M-21's entire arc across the comic is really well done, so if that kind of stuff gets crunched or left out it removes all the charm of the original material.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm a little surprised it hadn't fallen far enough back to get archived but I don't really know how that works lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Hoping Jujitsu Kaisen is going to be one of those action shonen with a fun female lead. I like the occult club girl, but I don't know if she'll stick around as a major character.

pay attention to the OP and watch for the girl with the hammer and nails, she's great

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sindai posted:

I forgot there was already an one episode OVA of Noblesse's first arc years ago and got extremely confused when the series started the second arc with little attempt to remind you about what happened in the first one.

Also for some reason it's now set in Japan? I can't remember if the OVA already did that and they just want to be consistent or if it's new.

I don't know why they didn't put them both on the same page, that would be an incredibly confusing first episode if you didn't watch it and it's not obvious if you just go straight to the show's page that there's a thing you need to watch first.

If the show is just going to adapt this one arc that does make me feel a little better about how they're going to pace things at least.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vahtooch posted:

Oh, that explains why I had no idea what the hell was going on...

oh no :negative:
I hope that doesn't end up being the most common reaction

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Funimation picked up Heaven Official's Blessing and they're even going to dub it :eyepop:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

thinking about it i can think of very few manga where there's anything resembling a codified lgbt support group at a school or college and in the ones I *can* think of, they're setup by the students with no real support or acknowledgment from the school itself. granted part of that is just narrative convenience (having the couple work through their misunderstanding together is more interesting, and if you want them to have a support network you can introduce individual characters), but i'm curious if anyone can think of one where that sort of thing does exist in the same way some american schools would have an lgbt alliance.

It's a webtoon so this is a little bit outside the topic but one of the things that connect a bunch of the characters in this comic is they were in a LGBT+ club in college, pretty light on the details on how it operated since the comic itself is set years later in the workplace but it has a pretty strong feeling of community since it shows them all as a group of friends supporting each other over the years.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/1329137912387153921?s=20

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

macabresca posted:

Yay for more In/Spectre!

Also, I haven't seen Heaven's Official Blessing discussed here so let me just say that it's some prima sort wuxia fun with very likeable characters and that it looks freaking gorgeous. It's like Thunderbolt Fantasy but no puppets, even gayer and seems to be a bit better about female characters
:yeah:
we've talked about it a little in the BL thread so if you want to post about it or discuss anything feel free to hop in. I'm catching up on it tonight and it really is super pretty! The action scenes have been very nice so far as well, really smooth.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

macabresca posted:

I've also checked out the manhua and while I prefer the anime (or donghua, I guess) story-wise, the art is so ridiculously beautiful it almost made me cry

Yeah I was reading it for a while, hadn't made it past the ghost bride bit but every chapter was like this amazing art masterpiece but it was sort of frustrating to read because the thread of the plot was a little hard to follow; the show is a lot more accessible but I'm glad it's kind of kept the same feeling as the manhua art just simplified for animation.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 28, 2020

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just Horimiya and Kemono Jihen for me, maybe with just two shows to watch I can actually get through them :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

When's Tokyo Babylon

MAL says spring

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Furnaceface posted:

What do we have for action, sci-fi and adventure shows next season? It looks like a ton of stuff got bumped to this upcoming one so I want to try and pace myself better if there ends up being a big list of shows to watch again.

the Kemono Jihen manga has been really good and I'm hopeful the anime will also be very good and a lot of fun

new pv btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCggzUJKAzw

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
really hoping this also leads to the manga getting licensed

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oof I noticed they'd pulled all the promo stuff down including deleting stuff from twitter and had posted something about it on the tokyo babylon website with an apology, when I was looking for a link to the pv (which has also been removed)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you watch Noblesse start with the earlier ova, the series picks up after it and makes ep1 very confusing if you haven't already seen it.

if anyone has run out of anime for the season and wants something new to watch, CR is running the live action adaption of Cherry Magic and it's very cute.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Archer666 posted:

At this point I've experienced so much of Japanese culture and their use of English to sound "cool", I can't tell the difference anymore with whats intentionally silly and whats not.

uh what

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That is legitimately a thing. They also use German words a lot for the same reason.

thank you for this information I was totally unaware of :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
chill out dude