Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I won't have the time to watch it this season, but Dai no Daibouken was the first manga I read scanlations of and is basically responsible for me getting into this hobby in a serious way so I look forward to revisiting it when I get the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

I am having the nostalgic time of my life watching the Dai no Daibouken remake.

Oh poo poo there's subs now??

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The cg is a bummer but it's more Kawagoe Getter which to be honest I never thought I'd see again. Not sure how to feel really :/

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A lot of the appeal of later getter stuff is the very intense and detailed art which the older ovas captured by being well animated in general.

Like can you imagine this scene being done in anime cgi and being anything other than goofy?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUB4VjlB4G8

There's gonna be a Cestvs anime but the monkey paw has decreed it to be CG

I'm having bad luck with anime adaptations of stuff I like :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Also based off this PV it might be based on the second manga instead of the first? Which will conveniently skip the weird portion where there was sex stuff but you miss out on a lot of fun drama

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

They lost all the keyframes because they were drawn too small.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Space Flower posted:

sometimes because of anime plots, the disaster part can be very literal as well. homura did nothing wrong

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

the Kemono Jihen manga has been really good and I'm hopeful the anime will also be very good and a lot of fun

new pv btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCggzUJKAzw

I hope the anime will bring my friends into the Kemono Jihen fold, it's definitely my favorite ongoing shonen right now

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

They're all.sequels or isekai or sequels to isekai. At least I have Back Arrow

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

SK∞
BONES
Ep 1 airing in
19 days, 13 hours
Source • Original
sk_8
Official SiteTwitter
Reki, a high school sophomore and skater, is addicted to “S,” a highly secret and dangerous downhill skateboarding race that takes place in an abandoned mine. The skaters are especially wild about the “beefs,” or heated battles that erupt in the races. Reki takes Langa, a transfer student returning to Japan after studying abroad, to the mine where the races are held. Langa, who has no skateboarding experience, finds himself pulled into the world of “S”...

And this

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

slime was okay but i dropped it when the onis were altering their inferior genetic code in order to be more appealing to the protagonist (and becoming way more boring in the process)

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Slime was cute, funny and well animated so I see why it caught on. Unfortunately it was still an isekai