Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this is based on a mostly untranslated manga, but what little there was to read of it was great. spoiler: the premise above is a total lie.

The manga is pretty much entirely translated on Crunchyroll.

I checked out the first few chapters so I am going to watch it. It's normally localized as Talentless Nana. Also the Premise is not a lie, it's just deceptive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

Talentless Nana has a very strong start and everyone should give it a shot.

I will recommend it. I have read some of the first few chapters as well.

Big Spoilers unless you have watched the episode.
It's kind of Death Note like with the protagonist and such.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phobophilia posted:

This has to be a happy coincidence that it happens to coincide with a massive cultural fad sweeping the youtube/twitch community.

Also if everyone in it had unique Hunter X Hunter Nen like super powers. (As their powers have conditions and restrictions on how they work or what they can do.) For example One of them can spit and secrete poisons of with any properties she wants, but she has to eat a poison frog or snake to refuel it. Another person can shapeshift, but only if someone is not looking at them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Talentless Nana was pretty fun for the second episode.

It was a clever way to kill someone like that, and pretty much solidifies that Kyoya will be the L of the series.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Durarara sequel novels Snake Hands are coming westword. Speaking of DRRR.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Talentless Nana is fun, as as people have said has a stellar opening episode. I can absolutely believe people when they say it gets stupid fast (even after 3 episodes the setting basically falls apart if you think about the implications for more than five minutes, and I don't see how they can keep the premise going for even one full season without some deeply contrived bullshit) but for what it is it's super fun and scratches the Future Diary itch for deeply silly, over the top edgy shounen.

The answer to why the setting does not fall apart, is lots and lots of lies. Quite a lot of things being said are lies, or at the very least deceptive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Talentless Nana is already really starting to run into the problem that everyone has to be a complete idiot for the story not to end immediately.

To be somewhat fair. Kyoya is really suspicious of her, but has no proof or understanding why she would do this stuff. And the rest of the kids are just stupid kids.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eeepies posted:

I can somewhat understand this latest one? Person sees the future, sees that he's attacked, and uses it to blackmail out of impulse. He thinks the future is absolute, so as long as he can defend against the attack that is going to happen, he's fine, and another picture proves it in his mind.

Granted, it was an absolute stupid idea to sleep with her around, but he's just a teenage kid?

He also thought he was invincible until the events happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also read a bit of Talentless Nana, and I also like how Hunter x Hunter Nen like many of the powers are.