Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ange does also attend St Lucia's about 14 years later

e: which Umineko building are we comparing it to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Right I was thinking of the front shot of the chapel which is very obviously a different building. The side one is pretty similar although it could just be based on the same real life reference (Kyu-Iwasaki-tei Garden).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Having gone away and looked up the chapel backgrounds my conclusion is this: none of the images of the chapel are consistent with each other

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Davincie posted:

demands from the japanese side
Yeah romanizations are basically always decided by the original creator in an official release.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Thanks for the Nana recs upthread, I've been enjoying it and probably wouldn't have watched it without the hints at what it is

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Definitely a lot easier to criticise someone else for not taking drastic action than it is to take drastic action yourself

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

CR has a lot of valuable licenses with Shield Hero being a good example. Their original content or lack thereof is irrelevant (I don't think anyone was asking for or expecting any).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah. I guess as it stands pretty much all anime is aimed purely at a domestic audience and any international success happens essentially by accident - and it's the streamer rather than the original producers who benefit from that success. But with Sony having a complete pipeline (they own stuff like Aniplex and A-1 Pictures in Japan) they can aim for a more global audience.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Just give Elaina a Twitter where she can complain about the injustices she sees to no-one in particular. Boom. Character is instantly relatable

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1339862015574077440

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Grouchio posted:

And now we get to see US Crunchyroll fans eat it up like Goblin Slay- pffffffffttt :roflolmao:

I can't finish that sentence. AOT, Slime AND Re Zero will be more popular than this. loving Log Horizon S3 will be more popular than this.
The purpose of most anime is to raise awareness of the source material amongst the domestic audience, and I imagine it will do that just fine.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The purpose of most anime is to raise awareness of the source material amongst the domestic audience, and I imagine it will do that just fine.
But what about all the performative anger from westerners on Twitter? Won't that somehow harm the company producing it and not, say, both raise awareness of it and turn it into a cause celebre for their political opponents

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 20, 2020

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sorry everyone I will make my attempts at humour easier to understand in future. <---- (this is sarcasm intended to convey scorn)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Who's been lobotomizing ADTRW posters

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

How did that happen? Isn't it an adaptation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The first few episodes mostly felt like straight comedy. I was definitely less interested after it started being more of an idol show after that.