Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'll be honest, I'm kinda looking forward to the Inuyasha sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Epi Lepi posted:

Noblesse is one of the few summaries that intrigued me, how come you think the adaptation might suck? Just a guess or are there red flags I’m not seeing since I’m not super knowledgeable about anime?

Literally every webtoon adaptation so far ended up turning great webtoons into bad to mediocre anime, so the track record for them is pretty sketchy so far.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Watched the first episode of Jujitsu Kaisen and my impression so far is that its....aggressively ok? Characters, story, lore, animations, humor, battles....everything is definitely competent and I don't have any real complaints about any single part, but there is also nothing that really grabbed me and made me go "yes, I really need to continue watching this!" I will definitely give it a few more episodes, but so far, I'm pretty indifferent about it. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The spider manga had super strong beginning and I didn't even mind the frankly unreasonable time spent on skills and level-ups and abilities, because the whole point was that the protagonist was extremely weak and had to use every single dirty trick and tactics to survive and indulging in theory-crafting about possible builds and non-standard uses of her abilities was a part of that. Unfortunately, the author couldn't resist the lure constantly present in every WN, kinda forgot about the basic hook of the story and eventually armed the protagonist with every single overpowered ability under the sun. In a few dozen chapters, the manga went from the protagonist trying to kill a bunch of poison frogs in a cave to challenging gods, which is where I checked out.