Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

cave emperor posted:

Assault Lily: Slick production but nothing to set it apart from the dozens of similar shows, hard to get excited about something this derivative.

fiction... no, existence is derivative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This show as you now watch it and have watched it, you will have to watch once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your anime will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence—even this lily symbolism and this leg placement between her thighs, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!'

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous god anime when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.' If this thought gained possession of you, it would change you as you are or perhaps crush you. The question in each and every thing, 'Do you desire this once more and innumerable times more?' would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight. Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's been or becoming somewhat common to just... leave everyone in the dark until the end of the first half or something. Strange practice.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the girls in mushoku tensei are really good and impossibly patient with the irredeemable protag so its that kind of story a lot of people get sucked into whether they want to or not. you know how it goes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
once again it's just being oversold by the webnovels thread posters even though the existing adaptations already tone it down. its nothing new. the protag is introduced as a neet who's in his room whacking it instead of going to his parents' funeral, then his surviving family kicks him out of the house and gets truck'd and thinks "here lies me. never scored. maybe if i'm born again," and then he's born again.

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 10, 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

e; actually i just noticed keiichi's tiny legs and feet. lmfao ok that is a goofy rear end shot

its a pretty extended shot and they used it for two eps it made me crack up

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
witches: no sense of right or wrong

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
super robot

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'd wager it was a non-comedic "hrmmm"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you've got a lot of assumptions about how covid is being handled in japan that they might not be able to follow up on

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i love that granblue fanartist

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tell me when the sheep murder ep happens

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sometimes because of anime plots, the disaster part can be very literal as well. homura did nothing wrong

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
grats to sex icon minamimoto sho

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
GOTY if i can date princess k

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
even better in context

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
in conclusion if you hated the kumamiko anime but thought machi was a cute then you can still try the kumamiko manga

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tales of Woe posted:

yes, it is the monogatari character designer. they're not affiliated with shaft though other than being the artist for that series afaik

Yeah he's freelance but has a close relationship with SHAFT and worked with Shinbo on some of his pre-SHAFT anime in the 90s. Honestly a ton of anime will switch char designers/chief animation directors within 1/2 sequel seasons so it's nothing short of amazing that the guy has worked closely on every season of monogatari. Kizumonogatari is an exception and it basically had its own special team

plus sometimes watching shaft anime without him it feels like an animator is pulling from gatari experience just for a few frames

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

congrats everyone we did it, animated k-on in 2020

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
no its just a cv for part 2 of the story cause they announced stuff for the 3rd anni or whatevs

that would be good though. on the plus side the kirara fantasia part 2 starts with some darker-looking shamiko

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tamba posted:

Despite the title (and the fakeout at the start of the first episode), it's not actually one of those little sister/incest anime that were popular back then.
It's about a group of friends who work in the light novel industry (3 are writers, the other one wants to be an editor) and a lot of the anime is just them hanging out, playing board games and drinking beer.

e: it is quite horny though, just not horny for any character's sibling

thats because its the shirobako of imouto anime. anyone who is interested in little sister moe on a deeper level needs to see the processes involved and the minds of the writers (they love little sisters)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if someone wanted a dakimakura, they would just order it online...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i like how Over the Moon For You is like a jojo localization version of Fly Me to the Moon but as the title of an entire show instead of what a guy says when hes about to summon a toy plane

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
with your av dav you can just emptyquote that one

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
show the boob

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
80 minutes of aoi yuuki? thanks op

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
maxwell adams in 2018: this whole trailer is cgi, which i'm sure is just a placeholder for hand animation

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

now that everyone has gotten over redo of healer im happy to announce that the popular in adtrw series about a child bride, Taishou Otome Otogibanashi, will be getting an anime

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

I don't think Doga Kobo has made any sequels since... what, Umaru-chan like 4 years ago or so? They helmed a 2nd season for YuruYuri but that was like 8 years ago, and TYO Studio ended up picking up the slack from the OVA's onward.

Wataten S2 is already announced, Doga Kobo = gods

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
For the record there is no staff list on that announcement I just know dogakobo are my homies. I think I saw the s1 animation director tweet some yoroshiku deal

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i can change them

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
got everything i wanted out of gochiusa and strike witches and assault lily this season. zero complaints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
having only seen two eps with elaina's show i think a critical difference between her and kino is that the former is a magical being who can change someone's life on a whim whereas for Kino neutrality is synonymous with survival and this is something the show makes very clear before she goes to bed every night.