Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

All that worrying and complaining I did earlier makes me feel like a dummy. Episode 1 of DanMachi S3 was actually kind of good and cute. I dont expect it to last, but Im down for at least a few episodes of Haruhime and Bell adopting a monster child while uncle Welf and aunt Mikoto dote on her from the sidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I take it back DanMachi sucks again, all the characters are awful. :mad:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Really enjoying Jujutsu Kaisen on the other hand. Weird but fun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Hi! Welcome to the wonderful world of fucky Mathcore/Metalcore/Djent's song and/or album titles! Hope you enjoy your stay!

We have wonderful hits such as this little ditty from Morris Plains' former heavy-weight champions The Dillinger Escape Plan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ewE9nPb4I

Or this wonderful cut off of Car Bomb's seminal sophomore release titled w^w^^w^w:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZzskgUA9Vw

Enjoy your stay and remember: prrr-pu-prrr! pu-prrr! pu-prrr! :rock:

Recommended reading and listening:
Sigur Ros' album named simply ( )
R.E.M. closing song on their seminal album Green, simply titled " "

Shameful music fan forgetting to even mention Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven!. :colbert:

...And Oceans had fun with song names on their last album before reforming as Havoc Unit Angelina: Chthonian Earth: Her Face Forms Worms

Rainbow Butt Monkeys is the greatest band name, even if they were better as finger eleven musically. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2g25dt9bY0

Special mention just because its a really good song, Ghost Ship of Cannibal Rats

Music and anime are fun and my escapes from lovely days at work like today. Bungo Stray Dogs has a good opening song and Im really enjoying the show in general. :unsmith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jujutsu managed to maintain the dorky high energy fun into episode 3. Still kind of worried it will fall short as the season goes on like God of High School did. :ohdear:

DanMachi and Burn the Witch Im still not sold on, probably give both one more episode before I call it quits.

Still need to give Wandering Witch, Akudama Drive and Talentless Nana a watch. Probably next week when I finally get some time off.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Some thoughts. Head somewhat empty. :shobon:

And thus, the biography of Wark concludes,

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Turns out you can be what in professional parlance is know as "kind of a loving dumbass" and still be more or less a functional/proficient on stuff you do for a living.

You just described every single engineer across the planet. :v:

Watched the first episode of Kuma Bear. Is there a prequel of some kind? I feel like I walked into a show halfway through its run since the main character is so stupidly powerful. Bear costume is amazing though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Why worry about this? Just enjoy the stuff you enjoy reading/watching/playing/listening to.

I still play most of the Compile Heart/Idea Factory games. Sometimes I even enjoy them! Fairy Fencer F was a legit good game. :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Shin Megami Tensei.

Cant wait to get my rear end handed to me by Matador all over again in the remaster. :dance:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Something feels off about Jujutsu Kaisen. Im enjoying it quite a bit but each episode seems way too short? Like I feel like we are losing quite a lot of story or background or something. I dont think its pacing so much as jumping between set pieces too frequently?

I dunno. Still a fun show and I want to see the panda fight.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

jujutsu kaisen is such a basic by the books shounen but a lot of the ususal boring poo poo associated with shounen got cut out and the fight scenes are very well done so it's pretty enjoyable to watch. also the ed is extremely stylish

i'm really glad they're not letting things like character flashbacks and backstories drag the show down constantly like shounen usually does

Like I said Im still enjoying it, but yeah I guess I was expecting all the fluff and bloat that normally come with these kinds of shows. Sukuna is a 100% Grade A rear end in a top hat, its great.

Also I went back and got caught up on DanMachi and honestly kind of glad I did. The Xenos are exactly what that show needed to get over some of the dumber parts of the cast.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Julias posted:

Paging Furnaceface

Said it in the chat thread but it bears repeating.

loving all day yes. :gritty:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

After a rough start I ended up enjoying both DanMachi S3 and Jujutsu Kaisen. I still need to get fully caught up on Akudama Drive, Sleepy Princess and Talentless Nana though but finding the time to fit in more than 2-3 shows gets harder this time of year with all the extra time I end up putting in at work.

What do we have for action, sci-fi and adventure shows next season? It looks like a ton of stuff got bumped to this upcoming one so I want to try and pace myself better if there ends up being a big list of shows to watch again.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Watch more Symphogear!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I've never played a Wild Arms game.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Went back and finished Talentless Nana and Akudama Drive tonight and both endings made me sad, one in a good way and one in a bad way.

I suspected Akudama would head in the direction it did and Id be a liar if I didnt admit it worried me since its always a hard plot line to pull off properly but they did it spectacularly. Nana on the other hand felt like I was robbed of a proper ending and instead handed a "...to be continued" instead. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1344659599941660673

Zombie Land Saga Revenge starts airing in April 2021

That show had the most powerful first 4 episodes ever and sometimes I think that is why I fell off it so quickly after. That insanity just wasnt maintainable the whole way through. :(