Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Uuh. So, watching the new Love Live, it struck me that there's literally not a single male character anywhere in sight, even as bland background mobs on the bus or in the mall. When did their society decide to purge all men?

I went back to the first series, and they still had random dudes walking the streets back then, so some kind of apocalyptic event must have occurred between shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Oh boy, oh boy, Mushoku Tensei anime seems confirmed for January release:

https://twitter.com/mushokutensei_A/status/1314778829609529346

This is pretty much Narou's ultimate weapon, although I can't help but feel it's 5 years too late.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Erg posted:

Yeah

From what I remember it was pretty simple power fantasy “I have a status screen and know how to grind up everything so I’m the best”. I think the most interesting thing about it is it features an affair

Mushoku Tensei doesn't have any game elements, so I'm not sure what you're confusing it with. What it does have is the grossest opening chapter in the history of web novels, which tends to shed like half the potential readership immediately, so it'll be interesting to see how the anime adaptation deals with it.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

I wonder what Kamisama ni Natta Hi is trying to do. Like, what's the end goal here?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Maybe it's something to do with how Elaina's character is presented. The anime starts out with her perfect childhood, making it seem like she should be reasonably sane and kind to other people, so her reactions during her travels seem to contradict that impression.

Kino, on the other hand, only gives some kind of background (and not the happiest one at that) after we see how messed up her world is, so the audience readily accepts that any resistance would be futile anyway, kind of thing?