Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you ask mother rabbit what she knows of arkham and the forest. while you eat a quick breakfast of a blackberry and some seeds she sits with you an talks as the other rabbits gather round to listen, enrapt by her words. she says she was raised in the labs as you were, the subject of innumerable tests and experiments, the things done to all the animals where at times unspeakable. she says the animals were treated as vessels, places where the scientists of arkham could put pieces of the old ones they captured from the forest. each successive generation got them closer to what they sought, and to that end she does not know but can only speculate at the horror of which they wanted to unleash on the world.

you can feel her inside your head, searching through your thoughts. she nods and addresses you again "you are known as 1031, those before you will one by one either succumb to their darkness or learn to live in the world peacefully. not all of those from your group are still your friends, some may have turned and others may have already been caught by the cruel man. you must travel as far away from arkham as you can, and try to find yourself before your own darkness overtakes you. you must leave now for i cannot protect you from the cruel man and he is already looking for you and the others. i wish there was more i could do to help but i fear may have already put my warren at risk by harboring you for the night." she bows her head solemnly as the rabbits part and give you an open path to the exit of the warren. "good luck little one...be brave and move quickly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cstSdN8d1yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

I wonder if any of the bunnies are the brave and adventurous type. Perhaps we can find a companion/steed here...

Sig by Heather Papps

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

we should keep following 1015 before the trail gets too much colder. friendship is forever

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Twenty Four

I feel like being near anyone from the lab might just bring more trouble to them, so perhaps it is best to venture away from anyone from there and hope to meet with someone new, but, I guess 1015 is the only other connection right now, so as scary as it sounds it could lend some answers.

Spooky!

Ass-penny

owlhawk911 posted:

we should keep following 1015 before the trail gets too much colder. friendship is forever

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

ChubbyChecker

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I wonder if any of the bunnies are the brave and adventurous type. Perhaps we can find a companion/steed here...

Manifisto

owlhawk911 posted:

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
as you near the entrance to the warren you hear a murmur among the rabbits and you turn to see a large male rabbit stepping forward. he looks at mother rabbit and she bows her head in agreement. "bramble has chosen to accompany you and guide you through the forest, though he knows he will likely perish on this journey..." bramble nuzzles his forehead into mother rabbit and then approaches you. the other rabbits say their goodbyes, as if already mourning his passing. he beckons you to climb atop his shoulders and then makes sure your grip is true. you tell him of the stack of pebbles and once again thank your gracious hosts.

in an instant he speeds into the forest, twisting back and forth between the trees. at times he asks for direction, faithfully following your commands. the feeling of synergy with the mighty rabbit lifts your soul, makes you momentarily transcend and become one with the woods. a dream, traveling the trees as if you were born among them... you come to at the stack of pebbles and see the tiny paw print left by 1015, a barely perceptible glow marking her touch. off to the northeast you catch a faint hint of her trail, a lingering scent. from far off you hear a bluejay cry a warning call, a predator, perhaps more than one, is prowling the morning woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbSD5N03Izw

Manifisto

to the northeast then, keeping eyes peeled, moving from shadow to shadow, pausing frequently (freezing in place) to listen. bramble's huge ears should be perfect for this task.

e: it makes sense that there is more to the portlandia theme than just the small clip they play, but I'd never heard it!

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

Manifisto posted:

to the northeast then, keeping eyes peeled, moving from shadow to shadow, pausing frequently (freezing in place) to listen. bramble's huge ears should be perfect for this task.

e: it makes sense that there is more to the portlandia theme than just the small clip they play, but I'd never heard it!

Seconding this plan. I haven't been listening to the soundtrack, I'm pretty much always listening to stuff already, or posting from places it would be hard to listen to something. How much am I missing?

Additionally, I don't know if I've mentioned it, Luvcow these drawings are amazing. I assume you're doing them yourself? Is this charcoal?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

sounds good!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
bramble makes his way cautiously through the forest following 1015's trail. in the distance you hear the faint crashing of large animals giving chase through the underbrush, sticks and dry leaves crushing under paws, songbirds and bluejays crying out in alarm. bramble picks up his pace and within 15 minutes you've drawn close enough to hear the terrified yelps of the last coyote. the large rabbit makes his way through several piles of freshly cleaned bones, creeping his way along now as his ears twitch taking in the surroundings. "your friend did this....?"

you hear 1015 faintly sobbing as you make your way through a stand of blueberry bushes. you find her standing in a pool of gathering blood. her form seems to vaporize for a moment and then become whole again. a strange low buzz accompanies her wounds slowly healing themselves. she breaks down into tears and lies down in the pool of blood, curling into the fetal position while gently squeaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRqrpfzpTaA

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

rear end-penny posted:

I assume you're doing them yourself? Is this charcoal?

yes charcoal, keeps the sketches quick and easy to produce as i don't have a lot of free time these days

Twenty Four

I mean, I guess we have to find out what's up with 1015, but this isn't looking good.

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

I mean, I guess we have to find out what's up with 1015, but this isn't looking good.

:same:

maybe it's best if we leave bramble in a safe spot and approach on foot/paw/whatever mice have, she might get spooked if there's something she doesn't recognize and there's no telling what she might do

also hopefully she recognizes our scent

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Manifisto posted:

:same:

maybe it's best if we leave bramble in a safe spot and approach on foot/paw/whatever mice have, she might get spooked if there's something she doesn't recognize and there's no telling what she might do

also hopefully she recognizes our scent

Agreed.
It seems 1015 may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. . .

owlhawk911

have bramble wait at a safe distance and deploy Comforting Embrace

none of us are free while one of us is chained/none of us are safe while one of us is phase-shifting and melting the flesh from their enemies bones

BoldFrankensteinMir

Gotta keep our eyes peeled for a good helmet next. If 1015 is going all NIMH on us, we'll need to Redwall it up to stay competitive.

Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you climb off of bramble's back and and motion him to stay back before slowly approaching 1015. her squeaks slow as you you near her and her nose quivers as she smells your scent. "you found me... after i came across the pebbles you left i searched all night... " her voice trails off as she pulls herself tighter together, the pool of blood beneath her soaking into her fur. "what did they do to us..." she lets out a few more tiny squeaks and then falls into a deep slumber.

bramble whispers from his hiding place, "we need to go, far from here. i know a place to the east. we may be able to make it by nightfall. i can carry both of you but we must leave now." you stand above 1015 for a few moments before bending down and nuzzling your head into hers. it's been weeks since you've been this close to another mouse. carefully you pick her up and tenderly cradle her as bramble steps from the shadows. he lowers himself so you can climb on his back with your old friend. "where do you want me to take you 1031?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5YOhcAof8I

sb hermit

Eastward bound, it seems. Looks like 1015 can survive the night but we cannot.

Twenty Four

Ya go with what Bramble recommends and let him take the mice east. I wonder what place he has in mind though...

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Twenty Four posted:

Ya go with what Bramble recommends and let him take the mice east. I wonder what place he has in mind though...

Spoonville?

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

:prepop:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

nut

:cry:

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

let bramble take the lead. too much heartache for decision making. poor 1015 :(

BoldFrankensteinMir

Is there anything on the forest floor that might serve as better reins or tack for our steed? At this point it's mostly for us holding onto, some kind of toadstool saddlehorn or something.

Craft tack if possible, then Wrap 1015 in the cape and ride for life.

Sig by Heather Papps

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you wrap 1015 in your leaf cape and quickly twist a few more straps so you can secure her in front of you on bramble's back. once set the large he lurches forward to the east. the trip is a blur as you frantically try to keep yourself and 1015 from being thrown off the mighty rabbit as he sprints through the trees, punctuated by massive jumps over logs, rocks and streams. as night begins to fall a crack of thunder signals the start of the rain and the songbirds begin to sing their goodbyes to the sun. a blue jay announces your arrival to an ancient estate, it's wrought iron fence now covered with vines, broken in places my gnarled trees.

bramble slows his pace once you're through the fence, telling you this place is safe from the old ones. he says that mother rabbit thinks that the old inhabitants had cast some sort of protection over the entirety of the property but she couldn't be sure how. the once rolling lawns and gardens were all now long overtaken by the forest, though here and there there remained crumbling stone fountains and statues, old benches and mouldering tables. he lets you down by the base of an enormous sprawling mansion, now encased in moss and wild growth. in front of you lies a small hole that leads into the basement. he leaves you to find food for the three of you and scout the area while you gently place the still sleeping 1015 under some large oak leaves for cover. you stand alone looking in, smelling the must and decay of the long abandoned home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irq959oNVww

Ass-penny

Through the hole we go. I would say start in the basement and work our way up the house.

I guess if the hole leads to the first floor to search that floor first. I dunno why but I'm kinda imaging it going to the basement tho.

Manifisto

rear end-penny posted:

Through the hole we go. I would say start in the basement and work our way up the house.

I guess if the hole leads to the first floor to search that floor first. I dunno why but I'm kinda imaging it going to the basement tho.

sure, but toss something into the hole first, a tiny pebble or something, and see what happens

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Keep eyes peeled for a weapon. The right bend on an iron nail is a short-sword sunk in a log at this scale.

Sig by Heather Papps

owlhawk911

Manifisto posted:

sure, but toss something into the hole first, a tiny pebble or something, and see what happens

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you find a tiny pebble and toss it inside. for a moment time seems to slow as you feel your energy traveling into and then with the pebble as it begins to glow like the one 1015 touched in your dream. the pebble clatters on the stone floor and comes to rest in the center of a small pocket between the stone foundation and a wood and plaster wall. you marvel at the newfound ability to make objects illuminate and it's seeming familiarity as you scan the little room. it appears the space has been used before by small animals as it bears the remains of old bedding, filled with sticks and grass that were dragged in within the past few years. you find a small sharpened stick and pick it up, wielding it as a suitable spear. to the left there appears to be a small passageway leading deeper behind the mansion's walls, looking well traveled by perhaps mouse, rat, chipmunk or squirrel.

outside a crash of lighting accompanies the growing rain storm and you hear the footfalls of bramble returning from his scouting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVW7zoVTFm4

City of Glompton

go back to greet bramble. can he fit through the hole? rabbits are very good at squeezing in small places, perhaps he can take cover inside. you should bring 1015 in so she doesn't get rained on

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

owlhawk911

see what's up with bramble, tuck 1015 in, explore the hole

BoldFrankensteinMir

owlhawk911 posted:

This plus consult maze-sense.

Sig by Heather Papps

Ass-penny

owlhawk911 posted:

This plus consult maze-sense.

A solid plan.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you gently carry 1015 inside and lie her in the old bedding. bramble's head pokes inside the hole and he explains that he was much smaller when he and the other rabbits stayed here years ago but he's fairly sure he can still fit through the entrance. he pushes in a leaf filled with seeds and dried blueberries he's gathered and then wriggles himself through, curling up with your slumbering friend as you enjoy a quick late supper. he says that the grounds appeared empty though he felt the eyes of the old ones watching him from just past the fence. you both fall quiet for a few moments, the sound of the storm outside muffling the crunch of seeds in your mouths.

after eating your fill you leave the others to investigate the passage, finding that it runs for maybe 6 feet before ending at an old wooden beam. to your right lies a small hole in the wood and plaster interior wall that opens into what appears to be a long unused basement laboratory, the flasks and burners covered in cobwebs are antiquated versions of the ones you'd seen in arkham. above lies a well worn "ladder" scuffed into the beam that runs it's course through a chewed out hole. you scramble up and find that it too leads to another chewed hole through a wall into what seems to be a large ornate dining room. something about the place reminds of you of the mazes you'd run in your dreams, your mind taking the tasks you'd performed while awake and turning them outwards to locales you'd never been. your paw touching one of the scratches begins to glow and a feeling washes over you as you connect with the spirit of a long deceased mouse who once lived here, it's wispy ethereal form momentarily materializes before you. your fur raises as you realize that you've connected with one of many spirits with ties to the house and surrounding property, some friendly and some malevolent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm2oBSCtImg

Manifisto

oh goodness, we're a mousy medium!

can we speak with the mouse spirit? but before that, can we sense whether this mouse is friendly or malevolent?

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

*whispers* "I see dead mouses". Anyhow try to be mice friends with the ghost? Or at least ask it what's up with this place.