Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sam Darnold got the scoring started after an impressive spin move to free himself from a free blitzer and danced 50 yards to the end zone to get the scoring started. Their LT was also injured causing super heralded rookie Mekhi Beckton to come into the game almost immediately despite being an emergency starter.

Rypien then led the Broncos down the field, aided by the first of many personal fouls on the night for the Jets, hit a few solid completions but the Broncos settled for a FG.

On the next drive Sam held a ball too long as he read the complex coverage of the Broncos and ate a bone breaking sack (literally). Flacco came in but dug himself a hole too deep to dig out of leading to a punt.

The Broncos then drove down the field again, thanks to another roughing the passer, immediately followed by a 48 stole your lunch catch by Jeudy as he waved the ball in Pierre Desir's face for a solid 5 seconds before securing it for the score.

the Jets were still figuring out Darnold's health situation due to a log jam at the medical tent, but he came back into the game on the toradol pony halfway into the drive leading to another sack and immediate punt.

Rypien then tried to throw the ball away on a no one's open bootleg but threw it to Pierre Desir on the sideline for an interception.

Not one to turn down a gift like that, the Jets drove down the field to kick a FG and tie the game at 10.

Rypien seeing he was in a battle of wills, launched a bomb to Thomas Patrick for 40 yards, a 3rd unnecessary roughness penalty gives the Broncos a goal to go, and eventually Melvin Gordon slams it home.

Darnold playing like a man possessing some good meds then drives down the field in response for another FG to end the half, 17-13

Broncos open the 2nd half with a quick 3 and out, Jets respond with similar, but with a 40 yard bad, bad DPI call that gives them another FG opportunity.

Noah Fant then becomes the like 10th injured player on the next drive, but Rypien leads a scoring drive as he hits Patrick for his 2nd passing TD.

Clearly stunned, the Jets drive but eventually punt it away and due to a great return, the Broncos start in FG range and quickly kick one after a 3 and out.

Darnold shakes the cobwebs loose and hits a bomb to Crowder, but was sacked so hard earlier he randomly gets sacked again by the reverberations in space time, just flying up and slamming to the ground by some spirit. Eventually leading to another long FG.

https://twitter.com/BrandonPerna/status/1311863249650937860

Rypien, clearly scared of the g-g-g-g-hosts throws a Pick six to Desir, then sees them again and throws a second Pick Brandon Poole a few plays later.

The Jets using the power of the dead on those hijackked airliners on 9/11 drive down to take the lead with another FG drive rather then risk their wrath by attempting a 4th and 1 play.

The Broncos fear no such wrath and promptly drove 40 yards on the power of getting sacked so hard Quinton Williams rips your face off, kicking a FG taking a 30-28 lead.

The Jets try to respond but are unable to summon the power of getting fouled constantly, so turn the ball over on downs, then their defense unleashes personal foul after personal foul on the Broncos, brutalizing their bodies, but letting them score another TD before two assholes spent the last minute of a miserable, injury laden game calling timeouts and running bombs on each other to get their toys hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1311876108476985344

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1311875402307166213

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this game owned

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Gase on the radio and knows he's done.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
In the GDT I learned that Jet's Kicker Sam Ficken's last name is a German word that means "gently caress."

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
good call on the title, because that game certainly felt like the end of the nfl

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Counterpoint: That game was fun as hell to watch and makes me wish we had a competitive NFL B team league.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I mean everyone in the N/V thread knew it already, but now we can officially say the Jets/Broncos game was in fact a better watch than the US presidential debate.

Abhorrence for Lawrence

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I NEED to see Gase play the Chiefs more than anything Ive wanted in my life

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I didn’t watch it but was it as bad as the Jets/Cards or Seahawks/Browns game from a while back?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I didn’t watch it but was it as bad as the Jets/Cards or Seahawks/Browns game from a while back?

You mean the Jets Cards game where Skelton proved how bad QBs could be despite being starters? This was not that bad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Mr Nice kept saying it was a good game to watch and I trust a man who knows as much about hog rules as they do.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Game good for all the wrong reasons. The best a normal TNF game can hope to be.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

In the GDT I learned that Jet's Kicker Sam Ficken's last name is a German word that means "gently caress."

that's why I call him "that dude Fickens" because that's high comedy by my standards

Penisaurus Sex posted:

no it kinda owned despite everything. fun game to watch

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

With all this Adam Gase talk, let's not forget tonight also featured the story of a young man with big dreams who finally got his shot on the big stage then poo poo himself twice, in succession, on national tv.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

With all this Adam Gase talk, let's not forget tonight also featured the story of a young man with big dreams who finally got his shot on the big stage then poo poo himself twice, in succession, on national tv.

And then won!

Unless you're talking about the other guy who got sonned by Jeudy, then had an absolutely beautiful interception, then got beat again like a drum, then got another interception (pick 6!), then got beat again later.

e: nevermind, Pierre Desir is 30. But he might have had the ultimate cornerback game. Just highs and lows with absolutely nothing in between.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 2, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you don't care about player health or good play then that game was great. Tons of awful players making wretched and successful plays based on someone needing to succeed

I mean who was the best player on the field last night? That one broncos rookie wr?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I, for one, was shocked to watch a gregg coached defense commit personal foul after personal foul while trying to injure the opposing players. How much did that defender get in a bounty for nearly breaking Darnold’s collarbone? Does he lose some of his bounty because Darnold came back in?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
J E T S jets jets jets a team so nice we say it thrice

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I, for one, was shocked to watch a gregg coached defense commit personal foul after personal foul while trying to injure the opposing players. How much did that defender get in a bounty for nearly breaking Darnold’s collarbone? Does he lose some of his bounty because Darnold came back in?

drat, Gregg Williams is putting bounties on his own team now?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you saying Gregg Williams is paying opposing players to injury his own QB?

I could see it.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Kalli posted:

I mean who was the best player on the field last night? That one broncos rookie wr?

Brandon McManus

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Kalli posted:

it was Joe, OP

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MD2020 posted:

drat, Gregg Williams is putting bounties on his own team now?

Whoops! Flipflopped that. Thank you for the correction.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
:looks at thread title:

Did the NFL die

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Did the NFL die

It's showing symptoms and has several comorbidities.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Play posted:

that's why I call him "that dude Fickens" because that's high comedy by my standards

Yeah same

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 2, 2020

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Did the NFL die

Soon.

But the XFL is back.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sono posted:

Soon.

But the XFL is back.

Wait, it is? That owns

Honestly I'm going to choose to trust Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson over anyone who has ever tried to start a spring football league before

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
and they put him back in lol

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1312127845443858432?s=20

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
As a Lions fan, I question how Patricia still has a job but looking at the dumpster fire that is Adam Gase, I wonder how he actually got hired

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Did the NFL die

As it turns out, yes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh no, curse my precognition

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm okay with this game being the closer of the season instead of a Super Bowl

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm curious how deep into a season a team has gone undefeated while winless against the spread but I have no idea how to try to find that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FIVE
loving
FIELD
GOALS

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy watching Joe "Jamon" Burrow win football games.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I know there are people who want to Tank for Trevor but I'm glad the Vikings won a game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can't wait for people to blame herbert and not the defense that let brady throw 5 TDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cleveland Rocks