Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

hemale in pain posted:

True, Red onion is good in a salad. For some reason I had a picture in my brain of someone biting in to one like an apple

This time of year there are usually prank memes floating around about using onions to make candy apples for Halloween etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

500excf type r posted:

This time of year there are usually prank memes floating around about using onions to make candy apples for Halloween etc

I would unironically eat one of those.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Raw onion is good

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Eggplants and Zucchini (at least the variety around me) taste bitter unless cooked.

Good catch. Squashes too.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

hemale in pain posted:

I always connected raw with stuff which is dangerous to eat uncooked like meat or eggs. I guess maybe for an onion or potato it be fitting as they'd suck to eat uncooked.

Don't people eat most of their vegetables uncooked anyway? Salads are good and carrots, celery and cucumbers are a great excuse to eat a poo poo ton of dip like hummus.

For people who eat a salad once a week as an appetizer for their burger yeah maybe “most” of their vegetable intake is raw, but their average day probably is closer to none at all.

It’d be difficult (though not impossible) I think to eat anywhere near as much vegetables as you should regularly be consuming if you ate them mostly raw. Just compare the volume of sautéed stuff to uncooked, you can chop up a couple pounds of things that end up being mostly water and end up having a modest side dish after cooking.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I literally eat 1-2 carrots a day. I loving love those slender orange boys.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

N. Senada posted:

I literally eat 1-2 carrots a day. I loving love those slender orange boys.

Carrots. Every day. Every orifice,

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

All onions are good

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Carrots are so good

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBQetJqAwk

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt
One time I was sent to another kids house on a play date and one of his dads (a gay couple, he also had two mums) asked if I wanted a snack, and I was fairly hungry by that point and said yes.

So they asked if I wanted a couple of things like apple or carrot sticks, which I (politely) declined. Then they asked if I liked potato and I thought to myself "finally some real" (e.g. fried) "food", and said yes. A short while later they let us know the food was ready, so we go out and find that they've served me a bowl of raw potato cubes, which was cold and dripping starch water. It was really gross but I figured my mum would be pissed if I made a scene so I ended up eating the whole thing and pretending to like it to be polite.

This left me with the misunderstanding that gay people didn't eat cooked food (I was very young at the time, kid logic) but I later found out they were just sanctimonious health food nuts.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
You deserved what you got

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
broccoli is good

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Split a yellow bell pepper with my son today. He went with the ranch, I went au naturale. Delicious.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Green bell peppers are best, red are good, yellow will do

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Enfys posted:

Green bell peppers are best, red are good, yellow will do

Orange ALL DAY.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Green. Pfft. I feed green bell peppers to orphans and livestock.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
wash your peppers thoroughly before eating them raw, I've read that they're high on the list of veggies that tend to have residual pesticides on them

(celery is even worse, but celery always has normal dirt on it so people tend to scrub that well)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
green never seen
yellow handsome fellow
red keep you fed

orange?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Red bell pepper is the quintessential vehicle for delivering delicious hummus into your mouth

Also bell pepper is a fruit

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Green peppers are good when you need them, like you're making cumin lamb or something.

I would rather eat a green pepper than a slice of bologna. I've never had bologna but it looks bad.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Green peppers are good when you need them, like you're making cumin lamb or something.

I would rather eat a green pepper than a slice of bologna. I've never had bologna but it looks bad.

do not talk poo poo on bologna. gbs is a proud supporter of bologna

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Chopper likes raw vegetables.

https://youtu.be/esnIyi1GFZI

This advice never helped me tho. I love raw veggies but my teeth suck.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Raw vegetables are fine but there's something magical about the way they taste roasted.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

terminal chillness posted:

Raw vegetables are fine but there's something magical about the way they taste roasted.

:agreed:

I don't get raw broccoli, it is OK as a vehicle for dip or in salads but it's very bitter and the flowers are soooo dry.

it's still perfectly edible but it feels like such a waste compared to how delicious it is cooked.

people poo poo on boiled veggies but there is a lot to be said about perfectly blanched broccoli too, the way it gets so incredibly green and turns almost sweet while still having a bit of crunch to it.

raw carrots 4 lyfe though, they have a perfect level of consistency and sweetness as is.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I eat raw broccoli everyday! Dip or No DIP!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I prefer most vegetables to be cooked, but I eat cucumbers like bugs bunny ears carrots almost daily

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I eat raw broccoli everyday! Dip or No DIP!

you're like 5 minutes away from flavortown, man!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I've had a salad that was red onion, garlic, garbanzos, cilantro, olive oil, and some spices and that's it, delicious, inject that poo poo into my veins.

e: the garbanzos are cooked. gently caress. Please forgive me.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Jasus Christ posted:

e: the garbanzos are cooked. gently caress. Please forgive me.

Never forget never forgive

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Straight White Shark posted:

:agreed:

I don't get raw broccoli, it is OK as a vehicle for dip or in salads but it's very bitter and the flowers are soooo dry.

I like the way it tastes but the texture sucks. It’s not that it’s unpleasant, but it takes a real effort to eat it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i could eat all sorts of varieties of tomatoes raw all day long

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

20 Blunts posted:

i could eat all sorts of varieties of tomatoes raw all day long

Most fruit is good raw.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Raw turnip is good as hell, cut it into carrot sized strips and have at

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The greatest pre-workout snack is raw carrot sticks with peanut butter. SO loving GOOOOOOOOOD

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Shadow0 posted:

Can you cook lettuce?
What fruit are good cooked?
I guess a pie is cooked fruit.
Hmmm, a lettuce pie...

Well, technically you could cook lettuce...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDjBEY_3qCI&t=111s

Apples are great cooked, ie. pasta with green apples & brie, or apricots with a biggass piece of ham in the oven, there's a lot of great stuff with cooked fruits...

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Trying to imagine a world where people don't understand pie and its pissing me off

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Literally A Person posted:

The greatest pre-workout snack is raw carrot sticks with peanut butter. SO loving GOOOOOOOOOD

Wtf

feller
Jul 5, 2006

the ultimate pie has tons of tomato on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

terminal chillness posted:

Trying to imagine a world where people don't understand pie and its pissing me off

I'm not a big pie fan. Chicken pot pie is fine, shepherd's pie is great, but apple pie can gently caress off.

edit: Key lime pie is also great. Maybe I am a big pie fan.