Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

I'm also on it. It's surprisingly stable especially compared to last year's chocotaco eco server which was unplayable for the first 12 hours because every time someone new joined they'd have to download all of the mods and the server just hung and didn't process any actions during this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

The food situation is pretty dire already and, at least where I live, all natural sources of wood are gone. I've been canoeing back and forth across the ocean for the past hour to get logs.

It rules. It's like a game where you get to be an Age of Empires 2 villager unit.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

It's really hard to find wild fruit right now, if you have any territory that can sustain a huckleberry bush I absolutely recommend trying to get some planted. Same for papaya tree.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Jossar I actually ran into your farm earlier today, on this server, because I was trying to source camas bulbs and you have some of the only bulbs left in the world AFAICT.

It's going to be an interesting t2 push :cheers:

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Agreed, I'm farming up northeast of you at banana hamlet, and thanks to the miner in this town I have a triple terraced private farm and then the town has 2 terraced public farm spots.

If you end up with extra camas I'd be happy to trade some of the stuff we can grow up here: flax, crimini mushrooms. I have so much flax, I was ready for everyone in the world to need it for lumber, but I was too early and now the town is starving and the flax is inedible.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Cooks are in a bad spot right now (and for a while longer) because they need food to produce food, so they need to buy their inputs in order to stay open, but their inputs basically don't exist anymore outside of private farms.

It will hopefully get better once someone establishes a currency? But then the currency needs to be distributed, otherwise it's worthless (last year's choco eco server went through 3+ currencies before one of them finally stuck). I think the food not existing will be a problem for a while.

As for iron, we're doing iron up in banana hamlet, and you can probably trade us wood for it because the island we live on has no wood left. I'm not sure when the iron goes up public sale, but someone gave me an iron hoe earlier this evening, so hopefully soon. It's a pretty quick boat ride (pretty sure you live near Jossar?) but you would have to walk to the east edge of your island first.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

I am "fortnite banana", still on the streamer server, trying to not let banana hamlet's population starve into inactivity.

The town to the east of you, with Triv and his horrible looking shop, are some friends of mine from other eco servers and they are pretty competent / friendly. You can probably work out a roads deal with them!

Feel free to also dm me on there, the server* if you want to discuss anything interactively.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Jumping into this server on day 3 though is definitely way harder than the game normally is. You might be able to find a town looking for helpful people, especially if you didn't spend your star yet and you don't mind spending it at the town's request.

The choco eco servers only happen once a year so they're worth doing even if you're late just because they tend to be really fun and interesting (maybe not "good" or "successful"). Hopefully you like the game enough to stick around in some of the other servers that crop up after, it's a pretty small community overall so we'll probably keep bumping into each other. :)

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Yeah, a major complaint I have about the current state of eco is the basic/advanced/modern upgrade chain is kind of the main point of progression outside of just directly teching to end the game, but it also results in slippery-slope advantage for people who have them.

It's a little bit better in 10.0 because food is a real problem now and the upgrade chains have been diversified somewhat, but I would really prefer if the upgrades were way harder to make in exchange for slotting into a town and applying their bonus in the entire town's radius.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Same except flax. Also the new AU chain needs huckleberry extract -> fertilizer iirc.

It's cool that huckleberries are important!

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

It affects yield! I get 4 flax per node in the nutrition void I've created, and 8 elsewhere. I haven't actually planted any flax in the void since it became such an obvious void, I stopped yesterday.

I did have to pull about 14,000 flax out of that area before it changed into this color.