Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Just picked this up. Ya'll still on the streamer server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

server went down.

my brothers in christs, we (me) are starving. jossar, make your pumpkins grow faster so I can steal them.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

finally calorie positive, spent a lot of time wandering well-scavenged jungle for papayas. gathered enough to make a bow and hunt / cook some stuff.

neato game, pretty rough on new players though. maybe its just this server's config.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Whelp, put in some time today. It's... very compelling, but pretty difficult to hop into. I spent a couple hours not being able to pick things up because I didn't realize there was an inventory weight cap. Then I went butchery without realizing someone else in town out produces me on that front by probably an order of magnitude. If anyone needs meats in our town, shop local. :smith: Hopefully will be able to expand into cooking tomorrow.

I'm calling it for the night because I can't interact with any object after it spawns, including fallen trees, hunted creatures, and my most recently made canoe.

Thanks for the starter stuff Dipwood!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Had a fun session running around hustling goods through stores. Turned some fish, meat, and logs into a tailoring skill scroll, five pieces of decorative furniture, and some currency (Peels).

There's definitely some appeal to wandering around playing go-between trader, and if you catch stores that are a little behind, you can really make a killing. Down with currency!

Anyhow, I think I'm going to go Tailoring, given that no one inside a kilometer seems to actually be producing cloth and that the other butcher went cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah. Game is neat, but in real life I'm already an economic bottom feeder. Kinda hurts to scramble for scraps in my fun time.

That alone is a-okay survival game, but the 5 sec lag minimum on any action makes hunting and crafting incredibly tedious. Feels like 90s dial up Neopets on that server.