Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ECO
Enter the world of Eco, a fully simulated ecosystem bustling with thousands of growing plants and animals living their lives. Build, harvest, and take resources from an environment where your every action affects the world around you. An imminent meteor strike threatens global destruction. Can you save the world without destroying it in the process?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/382310/Eco/

It's like Minecraft but with huge playercounts and a focus on environmentalism. It's fun and has come a long way in early access.

I have a server spun up at
172.124.105.7:3000
and a discord at
https://discord.gg/VM2exDz

Server should hold 100ish people and it's fresh as of this morning so everyone can start off on the same foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TescoBag posted:

I've not played this yet, but it has seemed really interesting every time I've looked at it. Is it possible to play solo or co-op?

I think everyone plays solo but works towards communal server goals, gotta stop that meteor in 30 days.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yeah it's fun so far the building is much more intuitive than Minecraft, however we need way more people there are alot of specializations out there and so few of us.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So our first constitution is up for voting on the servers website
http://172.124.105.7:3001/
btw that site is build into the server tools and is incredible.

I left everything default for now but I fully intend to vote fully tree hugging communism once we figure out enough to even make that happen. The server is only on day 2/3 and there is plenty of land etc available for people if they want.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

We've built our first road around the world and have started getting actual trucks/tractors, one day we might figure out how you actually stop this meteor. I've setup a distribution point on the capital and marked it for everyone for new players to get some supplies they need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Danith posted:

Bought the game and wanted to hop in but getting a timeout

Curl error 6: Could not resolve host: cdp.cloud.unity3d.com
[01:44:30.289] Connecting to 172.124.105.7:3000...

Did I join too late?

edit: looked lower in thread and saw - 109.123.108.97:3010. That one seems to work
edit2: got to the 'look for the meteror in the sky' step in the tutorial and game crashed

Ah yeah man that was like over a year ago that servers long gone.