Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I spent my first star on something I didn't want and now I have to wait an entire day to get another one.

edit: The Very Nice server admin allowed me to respec my first star. Also I brought down the time it takes to get the next star by about half. Still pretty slow, but at least tomorrow I'll be able to do a gather/craft combo like Logging/Carpentry.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I can check it out if we have at least some presence there. I've tried playing Eco with pubs and they are so weird.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I'm giving it a try. I'm around 162, 1731. Got Logging, going into Basic Engineering.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

It will probably crash and burn due to nobody cleaning up debris. Or making giant walls made out of trash. Or running out of food. (Nobody seems to know that Taro is food).

dipwood fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 9, 2024

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Within an hour of me picking my homestead area, 2 people surrounded me and both went Logging (I was Logging too). I even picked a heavily wooded area, and it's all gone.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

We're at the crossroads of 3 biomes so pretty much anything can be grown here. I also lucked one and someone was bartering Basic Engineering scrolls for... a handful of seeds.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Rynoto posted:

If all you care about is making fat stacks of credit/coins then farming and cooking on a medium-to-large server will let you rule over the town, doling out your gifts to mankind.

It's crazy the amount of people that do not care about EXP gain and are totally fine having 3 stars for 10 days.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

I'm currently Logging/Basic Engineering. I have a sawmill that converted 1700 wood pulp into sweet, sweet boards. As well as a Logging Upgrade on my carp table for super cheap hewn logs (and boards). But I'm not sure how to proceed. All of the engineer/industrial paths require an iron supply, and I'm not anywhere near any deserts. It's possible to find iron in grasslands but it's pretty negligible and not reliable. The original plan going in was to take Carpentry 3rd and hope to source some nails and flaxseed oil for lumber, but now the town has two other carpenters, and nobody around here seems to have a plan for iron.

Also, still eating nothing but charred taro and charred mushrooms. I'm guessing none of the cooks have enough of a supply to feed anyone other than themselves.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 10, 2024

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Jossar and I are in the same town. Maybe we could reach a deal with you guys to trade wood for iron? Or even wood products, like hewn logs and boards (lordy I have a lot of boards).

We could probably make a road to that east edge and cart over products for now. There's also a boating shop in that area and the person there expressed interest in a common currency. But yeah unless I get an iron supplier, not much I can do engineer-wise. Also, our town is currently planting a lot of... taro... I should probably gently nudge them into the direction of flax, wheat, beets/huckleberries, and to a lesser extent corn. Not sure what else is super relevant other than some other re-growing plants. Cotton maybe.

edit: rats, who are you ingame?

Also, another one of my neighbors went carp... Maybe I should just move.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 10, 2024

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Sure. I dug 53 levels into the ground and found some iron. I am going full sicko mode into Smelting. I'm sure this is a good idea.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

It's generally not meant for this many people. We can probably set up some sort of new player disbursement area. Fish are (probably) infinite at least. Tomorrow is likely when most of the farming will start paying off. Next time I'm on, I can get you enough food to not worry about it for a bit (because I have enough Jossar credits to buy out his store several times).

I'm screwed if I run out of iron in my grasslands hole.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 11, 2024

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

It's actually harder to keep nutrition up if you're less active. Your stomach empties and it takes longer to build up all those points. There's also a lot more you can do with your homestead. But I get it, as a farmer if you sow more fields, that's just more poo poo to do when it's grown.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

12 rats tied together posted:

Same except flax. Also the new AU chain needs huckleberry extract -> fertilizer iirc.

It's cool that huckleberries are important!

Flax doesn't care about nutrients though. I've never seen the yield potential decrease after harvesting.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Maybe it takes a bit longer to grow? Maybe all the nutrient stuff does is affect grow time?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

On the last server I played, I planted flax in one spot and after 10 harvests, I still got 9 per reap. The server didn't have any mods either, aside from like big shovel.

Maybe I just never got to that point? Like it takes a ton of harvests for the nutrition levels to start affecting flax yields?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

That Yee Valley place from earlier is close to done and one of the people there is doing a new one and redirecting the Yee Valley people there at the end of the month. So if anyone still has an Eco fix, and wants to try without lag, it could be alright.