Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I have a group of about 10 people who we'll pop a server up for. We used to have it with just us as a group, but last time opened it publically and it was decent. We'll probably do that again - it'll be an option for people and I'll post details here. I think everyone will be spoilt for choice though: I think this update is make or break for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

I've put a server up - The IP is 109.123.108.97:3010, entitled "Yee Valley".

All very welcome!

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Tombot posted:

This game sounds absolutely fascinating, but it also sounds like "Performace anxiety: the game". Is there a nice Lets-play that somebody could recommend to watch before I give it a try?

What's worrying you in particular? It's one of the most chilled games I've ever played.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

We're several days in now and have had a good low-teens population throughout. We've had a lot of people new to the game appear and they've settled in wonderfully. We're treating the meteor as a suspicious pest rather than an existential threat...

We did have an issue with world generation but got personalised help from one of the devs after they dropped into my Twitch chat.

Amazing, really.

Come and join in! You really can't get it wrong.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Countblanc posted:

A bit confused by the tutorial. It wants me to build a house, which I did, but it doesn't want to mark it as complete. I feel like I've hit all the criteria - it's fully enclosed with walls and a ceiling (and floors) and it's on land I made sure to claim with the land-claimer thing. Any ideas?

It looks like you've got some dirt under walls - you need to remove that I think? We had that as an issue on our server before.

Don't forget each step of the tutorial can be skipped with no harm either - it could just be bugged...

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Danith posted:

Bought the game and wanted to hop in but getting a timeout

Curl error 6: Could not resolve host: cdp.cloud.unity3d.com
[01:44:30.289] Connecting to 172.124.105.7:3000...

Did I join too late?

edit: looked lower in thread and saw - 109.123.108.97:3010. That one seems to work
edit2: got to the 'look for the meteror in the sky' step in the tutorial and game crashed

Hi! Looks like you've joined ours, which is a different server to the one originally posted.

There does seem to be a crash for most players (msyelf included) about five minutes into the first session. Not sure why. But it's not crashed for me since! I see you've joined the Discord so I'll say hi there too.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Blastinus posted:

So, creating upgrades is sort of a shift in priorities now. While four or less different professionals could accommodate everyone's needs, now the upgrade development path is asking for research from almost a dozen different sources.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to put up purchase listings for pages in your stores, because you're unlikely to find finished upgrades for sale in the wild unless someone's running a gimmick as a librarian or something.

That's what work parties on the boards are so useful for - it's all worked really well so far as long as people check the boards or are proactive in asking people.

It was good to see you on the server yesterday, thanks for playing.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Well, we realised the previous worldgen made the game unwinnable, so we've restarted the server today.

We've picked up some really great people from this thread, so if you're curious pop along and say hi.

The IP is 109.123.108.97:3010, entitled "Yee Valley".

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

Blastinus posted:

Yeah, that's why I dropped off. I hopped into the server, and the population listing for animals and plants had a long string of zeroes. That's not generally a good thing. Hopefully, worldgen will be a lot more merciful for this iteration.

Yup, it's vastly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

It certainly won't run well - there have been lots of issues with large servers (or attempted large servers), looking at the Discord.

Good luck with it.

The server I previously posted about is now electronicing and other fun things - if you've not played with those toys and/or large boats, it is never too late to join in.