Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1324913702424903680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Congratulations to Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, The Junkyard Dog, Sergeant Slaughter and the Ultimate Warrior!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Odds that at most we only have 1 North American name in the class?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Odds that at most we only have 1 North American name in the class?

The votes are still being counted

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new class
Medico Asesino 64%
Kenny Omega 61%
Karloff LaGarde 61%
Jun Akiyama 60%
Dan Koloff (Added retroactively as a Historical Hall Of Famer)

closest cutoff was rolerball rocco at 54%.

edge's rate increased to 44% this year which is a surprise.

kerry von erich and chavo guerrero dropped off the ballot.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 13, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kenny better add Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer to his intro for his match with Moxley.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

gently caress big daddy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Kenny better add Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer to his intro for his match with Moxley.

man that'd be tremendous heat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm just glad Uncle Jun is in at last.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

I'm just glad Uncle Jun is in at last.

the takeshita rub is real.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
not that I oppose Kenny in the hall but him getting in before CIMA is just wrong

also yay for the huge jump in Ishii, Meiko and Caristico voting

good showing by the Steiner Brothers too

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

not that I oppose Kenny in the hall but him getting in before CIMA is just wrong

how so

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Someday, hoss....

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Kenny's still in his prime and has years ahead of him, CIMA blazed the trail that Kenny and Okada both followed as well all of Dragon Gate being a thing from not existing at the start of the 21st century to the second biggest wrestling promotion in Japan with a lot of that with CIMA as their ace. He just doesn't get the respect he deserves by voters, and hell just last year he had an awesome match with Kenny that stole the show at Fight for the Fallen. He's 42 and debuted in 1997 so we still have CIMA's Minoru years to look forward to but still.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

A bit shocked Kenny made it in as I thought he'd have to wait till he was on the US ballot but a good class. Get used to lack of US names until we see the Bucks/AEW guys on the ballot due to WWE parity booking

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
From the WWE era 2010-2020 the only name who seems likely/possible to even make it in anymore is Moxley and he had to leave to do that. Cody too I guess who if AEW takes off given his role as one of its founders (beyond wrestling I mean if AEW become a cultural touchstone in its own right) which, fair.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cody is 100% getting in even if AEW doesn't last just due to All in and actually beating Vince at times, and the fact AEW looks like it'll last means he's gonna be first ballot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Cody is 100% getting in even if AEW doesn't last just due to All in and actually beating Vince at times, and the fact AEW looks like it'll last means he's gonna be first ballot

i mean if Cody goes in, Bucks go in for playing equal roles in the creation of AEW and All In's success along with their resume of matches.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Bucks have a better case than Cody due to winning best tag team so many times.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anyway new names going on the ballot next year are :

quote:

Nikki Bella, Dorrell Dixon, Bill Dundee, Seth Rollins, Kazuchika Okada, Jon Moxley, Hollywood Blonds (Buddy Roberts & Jerry Brown), Octagon, AAA La Parka, Psycho Clown

Okada is no doubt first ballot. Psycho Clown should go in but I'm not sure he'll make it in first ballot. Moxley is the same but if he stays at the current level I could see him going in first ballot. The original Hollywood Blondes are interesting as I've heard Dave and Mike Tenay talk them up as being on the big tag teams of the 60's/70's. Everyone else is lol and I'm hoping Seth doesn't crack 10%

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I honestly thought Octagon was already in

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada is no doubt first ballot. Psycho Clown should go in but I'm not sure he'll make it in first ballot. Moxley is the same but if he stays at the current level I could see him going in first ballot. The original Hollywood Blondes are interesting as I've heard Dave and Mike Tenay talk them up as being on the big tag teams of the 60's/70's. Everyone else is lol and I'm hoping Seth doesn't crack 10%

It'd be AMAZING if Mox got in before Rollins or Reigns

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I tweeted this, too, but: While I don't foresee voting for her or that she'll even get enough wider support to stay on the ballot, Nikki Bella being added is perfectly reasonable to me. People underestimate just how much she and Total Divas have meant to WWE's increasing female audience.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

davidbix posted:

I tweeted this, too, but: While I don't foresee voting for her or that she'll even get enough wider support to stay on the ballot, Nikki Bella being added is perfectly reasonable to me. People underestimate just how much she and Total Divas have meant to WWE's increasing female audience.

Yeah, when I saw her name as being added to the ballot I went "okay yeah, that makes sense, interesting if she's the last wwf name for a while"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Brie and Nikki should be a pair is the only thing I don't like about that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Psycho Clown's resume is so much weaker than Caristico's that I can't imagine him going in easily.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFbEcV2xl08

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Psycho Clown's resume is so much weaker than Caristico's that I can't imagine him going in easily.

I'm still not sure Caristico has fully removed the disaster that is the Sin Cara run in voters eyes though WWE ruining other talenty probably is helping there

Gonna be super funny if Dave ever puts NXT talent on the ballot

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm still not sure Caristico has fully removed the disaster that is the Sin Cara run in voters eyes though WWE ruining other talenty probably is helping there

Gonna be super funny if Dave ever puts NXT talent on the ballot

roderick strong is eligible soon but won't get a single vote.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao at this fan explaining who Dave Meltzer is to Jun Akiyama

https://twitter.com/Sally_812/status/1327531011127742464?s=19

"The editor is a famous hardcore pro wrestling otaku who is popular among foreign wrestlers and wrestling fans"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well she's not wrong.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well she's not wrong.

Describing Dave as Editor is one of those things that is technically true but not really the strongest part of his repertoire.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SatoshiMiwa posted:

octagon should be in

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JOHN CENA posted:

roderick strong is eligible soon but won't get a single vote.

Millenial Dean Malenko

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Brie and Nikki should be a pair is the only thing I don't like about that.

WWE definitely pushed Nikki more, whether that was due to her relationship with Cena or the fact that her decisions regarding her look fit what they wanted more, or even Brie's pregnancy, i'm not sure.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Nikki was a much better wrestler and promo by the point they were doing singles matches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Congratulations to Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, The Junkyard Dog, Sergeant Slaughter and the Ultimate Warrior!

on this note i got around to listening to the new Tenay show about the HOF and Dave still thinks Edge, Orton and Reigns are getting in

like i know he's been saying the first two for years but their cases have gotten weaker as times have gone on and as for Reigns you cannot seperate his push and quad... quintuple? crownings as linked directly to WWE's decline and that wont go away

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lid posted:

on this note i got around to listening to the new Tenay show about the HOF and Dave still thinks Edge, Orton and Reigns are getting in

like i know he's been saying the first two for years but their cases have gotten weaker as times have gone on and as for Reigns you cannot seperate his push and quad... quintuple? crownings as linked directly to WWE's decline and that wont go away

How does he think ratings poison Roman is a draw lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

How does he think ratings poison Roman is a draw lol

Smackdown ratings stabilized and slightly increased when he returned.