Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
good season. i eagerly await s3 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Welp, I would normally never say this, but I hope the next season of the anime has considerable rewrites.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

King of Solomon posted:

Welp, I would normally never say this, but I hope the next season of the anime has considerable rewrites.

I'm with you 100% but I don't know how you could possibly untangle the mess that the following arc(s) represent after where we end in the anime.

Which I would completely support, in fact it's my fondest wish because hoo boy do I not love where this manga goes after Shibuya in many ways, but that would be a major undertaking.

It could happen though; there are so many misses, abandoned plot points, etc that are not quite as obvious if you're reading weekly in the manga, but seeing them in a season of anime it would be obvious how loving weird everything goes.

We'll see, here's hoping. That being said I enjoyed season 2 a lot, and am very eager to see where they go with season 3. The opportunity to take this thing anime-only is, well, at least possible even if highly improbable.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 29, 2023

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I thought the season was very good and I look forward to certain things from the Culling Game getting adapted (and its lead up)

Alternatively the culling game is now what Mappa is called in general

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

lmao

:smith:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

:smith:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Like I've said before I've enjoyed seeing the real world consequences in this story. Besides having a good chunk of Shibuya leveled a Sorcerer of special grade rank, which are said to be capable of conquering nations, went ahead and upended Jujutsu Society and decapitated the Japanese government. Tokyo, one of the most densely populated urban centers in the world is now a ghost town. I like the stakes presented here.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

crazy new artstyle for s3 but im glad mappa is scaling back for something manageable :cheers:

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Erg posted:

crazy new artstyle for s3 but im glad mappa is scaling back for something manageable :cheers:

Actually those cutouts you see aren't digitally generated, so any time saved went straight to cutting out that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I thought the season was very good and I look forward to certain things from the Culling Game getting adapted (and its lead up)

Reminder that Mappa is doing the next season of One-Punch Man.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
No, One Punch Man is the name of the guy that doles out punishments if you don't draw quickly enough over there

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jesus loving christ someone’s gotta stop their management.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Does this mean I need to actually watch season 2?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

reminder that this was a fake rumor going around and not actually confirmed at all

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

reminder that this was a fake rumor going around and not actually confirmed at all

For real? That's embarrassing, sorry eveyone.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
mappa is animating my birthday party

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Shinjobi posted:

mappa is animating my birthday party

RIP your guests

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I do have to wonder how much of Mappa's issues with JJK are Mappa the studio's fault VS the JJK production partners

Not to say that level of exploitation and unreasonable goals present in "normal" productions in the anime industry is a goal to strive for, but I don't remember hearing the same kind of horror stories around Chainsaw Man or their other projects, except Attack on Titan, which were all framed as being nightmarish in the context of "And they're also doing JJK at the same time"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There absolutely were people talking about the lovely working conditions during Chainsaw Man (especially when they left out Denji talking about union benefits in the adaptation and people pulled up a bunch of things about Mappa being a shtty place to work)

I think JJK is more of things coming to a head, hitting the point where it's just no longer sustainable.

(it should also be pointed out that odds are every anime studio is a lovely place to work because the industry has become too big for the amount of labor it has available to it)

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 1, 2024

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

MAPPA has been recognized as particularly bad even by anime studio standards since they took over attack on titan to my knowledge

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/poyopoppin/status/1741541568803123691?t=-rl7pAeOClwhQFmx2XZYEQ&s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I find the actions of the state of israel to be immensely shameful but this seems tenuously related to this thread at best

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

She's a big jjk fan and draws gojo a lot. It hurt so badly watching someone so happy to draw him suffer so badly because israel is genociding her and her people.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yes I'm familiar enough that I'm aware that this person happened to enjoy jjk, but see, I'm not sure what jjk-focused discussion we can have from this. If your intention is to get people talking about israel in threads that really have nothing to do with what's happening in Gaza right now I can't say I appreciate that, though I understand why the seriousness of the events would lead you to want to get people talking about them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Gaza stuff sucks, but we can’t really affect it here, and it’s not really related to the topic. It’s just an off topic downer posted here, and I am sorry about that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Daily reminder gojo could have freed palestine

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Stairmaster posted:

Daily reminder gojo could have freed palestine

Can't believe geto was a zionist

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can't believe geto was a zionist

*Looks at the Shibuya Incident*

Well...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Geto probably does not call people monkeys as much thoug

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Isn't that almost exactly what he thinks of people?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Man, that last episode turned in to a bit of a slideshow didn't it.

Also minor season ending thoughts: Man, this is really hitting a personal pet peeve of mine, where a previously fun setting is swapped with an almost post-apocalyptic one, with a dash of weird geopolitics thrown in too. Why couldn't this just have stayed a weird curse school story?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You gotta have stakes for the final arc + weekly schedules are bad and evil for storytelling

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Attestant posted:

Man, that last episode turned in to a bit of a slideshow didn't it.

Also minor season ending thoughts: Man, this is really hitting a personal pet peeve of mine, where a previously fun setting is swapped with an almost post-apocalyptic one, with a dash of weird geopolitics thrown in too. Why couldn't this just have stayed a weird curse school story?

I can understand people's beef here, but there are so, so many stores like that already, I don't really see what JJK loses by not being one

It reminds me of when people get mad about all the crossover bits in Tom Holland Spider-Man movies. They already made 5 movies without those!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

I can understand people's beef here, but there are so, so many stores like that already, I don't really see what JJK loses by not being one

It reminds me of when people get mad about all the crossover bits in Tom Holland Spider-Man movies. They already made 5 movies without those!

I think it's a recency thing. My Hero Acadamia is fits this complaint to a T.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

did we ever see anyone take a curse school class or be given actual instruction in any capacity

like there was yuji having to watch a bunch of movies while cuddling with a stuffed bear (secret off the books black ops schoolwork), and uhhh

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Todo taught Yuji a whole lot during their fight.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEaX05J7bBU

If you want more gushing over Todo watch this.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Todo taught Yuji a whole lot during their fight.

That's not school instruction though!!! That was not a part of a class and todo is a fellow student, not a teacher! When do we ever see anyone go to a curse class at the curse school, is the curse school a meaningful part of the setup or is it window dressing/an excuse to cram a bunch of magic teenagers in the same room? Is there any actual difference between the curse school and the kids just all being low level sorcerers who are learning on the job? I'm not sure the school has any level of existence beyond "it's the reason they wear school uniforms and cross-school competition was how they flavored their chuunin exam"

The chuunin exam wasn't even part of their schooling in naruto either iirc, that was just how they got promoted after already getting the ninja job profession. And it still had more school to it than anything I can recall of jjk

...do we even see a curse classroom at any point?

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 8, 2024

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

ninjewtsu posted:

...do we even see a curse classroom at any point?

Yes, several times.

However, off the top of my head we only ever see the students attending lessons for Yuta's "introduce yourself to class" segment in JJK0, and in silent montages.

This seems in line with most battle school-themed serials I've seen, that will have one maybe two scenes total with a teacher providing lessons in the classroom throughout their entire run. I peg it on Japan's obsession with highschool being a ball and chain for authors not actually interested in school settings (or depicting the boring parts of thereof at least).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Not really a fan of MHA, but from the first season, I really liked Aizawa. :v: