Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Season 2 is cooking so hard that they are going to have to redo season 1 at this rate, haha. It's been fantastic.

I don't even begrudge them changing how Gojo looked when he did his "I am the honored one" line, despite that exact panel being the only anime poster I have in my home :colbert:

The panel/poster in question:

The fact is, you can't always get a 1:1 with anime and manga, and sometimes one medium shines over the other. This is one of those times, imo, when manga can just convey the situation better. I don't think it would have looked nearly as good if they translated it perfectly to the anime.

In fact I like almost all of the original content they added to the season so far.

My only real beef with this arc is how they put a really, really important scene AFTER the credits at the end of this most recent episode. I missed it originally and only happened to realize my mistake later by sheer luck. Marvel made this a thing, didn't they? loving Marvel.

Oh and I don't like how they include guns at all. But I get that it's in the manga. The implications are just wild though; we've already established that Gojo could barely sense Toji once he got worn down, why didn't he just use a sniper rifle at that point or something? Stupid. Leave guns out of it, sheesh.

Taima fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Apprentice Dick posted:

Gundam 00 did the after credits scene when season 2 aired and I though I was losing my mind because I was always missing some context.

Dude seriously. I thought I was going senile for a second when I saw part of the after credit scene on youtube and was just like "where the gently caress did this happen??" before it all clicked in my head what happened.

You can get away with that poo poo if it's non-essential but that scene is insanely important!!

Jerkface posted:

Having a continuation after the credits is not unique to marvel or a recent phenomenon.

I mean whatever. It's bad is the point, idc if mickey mouse did it in 1923

Is it so that people watch the credits or something? Trying to suss out the reasoning for bifurcating your own piece of art behind a wall like that :shrug:

Taima fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 28, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

1) The flash step that Toji does to the grandma combined with Toji's Theme playing in the background is unbelievably fire and if they rewrite things to include him more, I'm all in.

Toji's whole gimmick that he's basically unbound by the chains of fate, a being of pure chaotic energy who changes the flow of the world based on his petty whims, is such a good gimmick. It's perfect for the story too because he doesn't give a poo poo; you can freely include him in the story, or leave him out, with no narrative issues at all.

2) Mappa is making some pretty interesting artistic choices and I really hope it means we get a refinement of the next major arc after Shibuya because that poo poo clunky af, don't worry no spoilers. I just hope that go partway anime original on a lot of stuff that could really be improved.

3) Stupid sexy Nanami owns

Taima fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 15, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Today's the day boys

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

And it loving delivered

Jesus Christ

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The best part of the new episode is when Megumi is fighting Seance-Toji and one of the bunnies come in on a web sling like spiderman?!

That's already funny but what makes it even more hilarious is how a certain corner of the jjk community got mad that Yuji came in on that web sling when they were heading to the top of that skyscraper.

And now they're like, you know what? gently caress yall. Everyone dropping in on webs now. :lol:

Also how do we go back to season 1 of this anime now? It's not even the same show.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

wedgie deliverer posted:

God drat that was a great episode.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Fantastic episode but like all the others, lack of animation time impacted it. That being said, the effects were minimized by good direction and use of animation in key areas and pulling back in others.

I really, really hope that they just cancel the rest of the episodes and restart the entire thing in 3-6 months, and do it right this time. But that feels unrealistic. We'll see.

The one thing that does confuse me about Season 2 is that it's basically an entirely different show from season 1. I am genuinely curious how it will feel to non-manga fans in particular as they watch through season 1 and then progress to season 2.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

yum posted:

https://x.com/nobiliroccia/status/1725408043335082472?s=46&t=Yntt7G3i9J81WH8r8EaHnw

one of the animators said they only consider the episode 30% finished. I’m happy with what we got given their insane crunch time

It's heartbreaking. I want to see what these people want to create, so bad. I'm desperately hoping that they allow the animators another go at the entire season, but if not, I guess that's business for ya.

You can see the outline of the work they wanted to create, and it's beautiful. That's the worst part.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

I guess I didn’t notice the absence of a scene as much as how bad it looked while Itadori and Mahito were walking down that hallway.

I agree. The animation in the latest episode loving suuuuuucked

Still having fun but at this point I'm actively rooting for the show to fail so that they have some time to fill this poo poo in.

Even if that doesn't happen though, it's been so fun seeing Shibuya animated and I can't wait for some of the upcoming moments.

Taima fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 24, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I totally get the people who want the return of basic things like character progression that defined the manga pre-Shibuya but I have bad news for you re: the rest of the series lol

Taima fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 1, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Huh, what did Todo use to switch places w Yuji in the beginning? He clapped his own hands but doesn't that still necessitate a switch between two objects?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Hmm that's fair. I'm finding it kind of hard to stay in the game on these episodes, the animation quality is... like I'm not mad I'm just disappointed, haha

there's a shot at 19:50 that is hilariously bad, like something straight out of Cruelty Squad.

I really wish they had just forfeited the tv spots and went back to finish the eps :(

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

yum posted:

wtf…

cmon, I rewatched it and the animation is, granted, pretty good in the last third but cmon son:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I finally got a chance to watch the new ep and OMFG now that's what I'm fuckin talking about

12/10

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 15, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

Welp, I would normally never say this, but I hope the next season of the anime has considerable rewrites.

I'm with you 100% but I don't know how you could possibly untangle the mess that the following arc(s) represent after where we end in the anime.

Which I would completely support, in fact it's my fondest wish because hoo boy do I not love where this manga goes after Shibuya in many ways, but that would be a major undertaking.

It could happen though; there are so many misses, abandoned plot points, etc that are not quite as obvious if you're reading weekly in the manga, but seeing them in a season of anime it would be obvious how loving weird everything goes.

We'll see, here's hoping. That being said I enjoyed season 2 a lot, and am very eager to see where they go with season 3. The opportunity to take this thing anime-only is, well, at least possible even if highly improbable.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 29, 2023

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

It's Rika as manifested by Yuta's cursed technique.

Like, you could care, that's a thing you can do, but there's really no reason to, nor can I think of a good reason to spoiler tag it. It's just Anime Nonsense, he still has Rika, that's really all you need to know logistically.

There isn't some story tied to it or anything.

Taima fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

He also doesn't seem to take the blowback that Inumaki suffers either when using his technique.

The only true limitation that I'm aware of is, he can only fully control "Rika" for 5 minutes I guess? Which is a central part of his copying ability, since it's the manifestation of Rika that is doing it or otherwise completing the set of requirements.

Idk. Yuta is surprisingly vaguely written, and he's so powerful as a character that Gege can't really even use him that much. Which was also the main issue with Gojo, and as a result, neither fit very well into the overall narrative.

Yuta mostly exists to do Cool poo poo and then gently caress off for large stretches of time for Reasons.