Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Never watched Demon Slayer, but I am digging Yuuji in general and the weird comedy that keeps happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fabricated posted:

The one thing that so far has been consistent in the series is that curses- being created from the negative feelings of humans, are pretty much malevolent by nature. This also ties into how all Jujutsu Sorcerers- "good guy" or not, are people who are damaged or neuroatypical for a lack of better words because to be able to generate and use cursed energy while maintaining some sense of rationality you have to be cracked in the head to a degree. If you see a sorcerer in this series, keep in mind that this necessitates that something is wrong with them mentally on some level.

Unknown Armies: The Shounen Battle Manga.

Also Nanami is great.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I had no affection for Toudou when he first showed up, but after having a sudden dream sequence from a different genre in the middle of a fight? Yeah, I think I like him now.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Gotta say that Panda is the best Panda who isn't a Panda.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Brutal Garcon posted:

Ah, the old battle shonen cliche of the weird abusive family that acts like a parody of feudal aristocracy

... and the nominal good-guy faction that lets them do that for some reason.

I mean, the head good guy authority figure is Gojou whose stated goal is burning down the current system because it's complete poo poo, and said current system wants the protagonist killed, so I struggle to see think that the show thinks the current good-guy faction are all that good. "Better than the villains" is the highest bar the current system can climb over, and that one is buried underground.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Everything Burrito posted:

I always liked the way it gave a reason for everyone to shout their ability names or go on a big monologue about how their power worked because it made the effects stronger, like it's still just kind of a genre convention but it having some in-world purpose was entertaining

It's right out of Hunter X Hunter, and that's a good thing.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Azathoth256 posted:

It's amazing how quickly Toudou goes from being the worst character in the show to the best.

Seconding this. I did not like Toudou at all when he first showed up, then he had a dream sequence in another genre and now I love him.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

"Todo, everyone really hates you!"

I could not stop laughing the entire time the dude was up to bat.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

It also helps that we had an episode a while back where Gojou literally grabbed Yuji and said "hey, check this out!" and explained what a Domain was and why it is a huge deal. And twice in two succeeding story arcs we had the big "oh poo poo" moment being the major antagonist busting out a Domain Expansion.

And the show continued with that pattern, someone yelling "Domain Expansion" was a huge loving deal in this episode, to the point I actually did audibly go "holy poo poo!" even if the reason was completely different in this case.

The show is really good by the way.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Hanami was about to do that, but stopped cause Gojou showed up and Hanami knows better then to fight him.

Yes, that is literally what I was saying…

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

:tviv:

Well, the season is over and I have to say that it ended not with a whimper but with a supernova. Holy Sweet gently caress, that fight blew me all the way away. Ridiculously huge props to the animators and the director, inter-cutting on every beat of the insert song was just... :discourse:

Change absolutely nothing and make another season, right the gently caress now.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Looking back I think my favorite part of the ending was the parallel scenes of Megumi and Nobara going "we absolutely can't tell this to Itadori because it goes against his moral philosophy" and then cutting to the scene of Sukuna telling Yuji literally that thing and his response being "shut the hell up, and definitely don't ever say that to Fushiguro because it goes against his moral philosophy". I adore absolutely all of these crazy people and the dynamics they have are absolutely fantastic.

The dialogue in the show has been absolutely next level. Even putting aside the jaw-dropping action sequences I would be completely on board with the show purely for its writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I assume they probably started working on it right after season 1 (along with the movie), so that's around 2.5 years then?