Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SlowBloke posted:

Manga people please spoil me, are the dynamics of this season going to be wacky bullshit?

-------No.------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The movie is fine to watch at any point, it's a prequel. It gives context to events that have been mentioned, and gives background on Okkotsu who was previously (before the extra chapters that the movie is about were released) only mentioned and never shown.

On the manga side, I read those chapters first (because Viz has them listed first) and it didn't feel out of place.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

He probably did not have Limitless on at the time.

Yea, he can turn it off whenever he wants.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I didn't get "horny" from that scene at all. Nanami just looked like an angry badass and somehow people get horny vibes from it?

A looooot of people are into rough, angry sex.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Maki and Toji have the same thing going on to different degrees, right? What is she, like a 50% Toji? Maybe 25%?

although I imagine fighting experience is also a big part of why he's an absolute nightmare and she's just regular scary

Yes, they have the same thing going on but Maki can't see curses without her glasses, while Toji could.

And Mechamaru was the opposite, in that his body had immense cursed energy but was so fragile that even wind on his bare skin was excruciatingly painful.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yeah. Yuji basically died fighting Choso and Megumi would have bled out if he hadn't summoned Mahoraga and gotten Sukuna's attention.

Even Mei Mei was at real risk of death if she didn't figure out and exploit the spirit's targeting.

Nobody is having a good time in Shibuya except Sukuna, Mahito, and Geto Brain.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People keep saying that, but the gender ratio for deaths and rear end kickings is drat near equal. Was it fridging when Junpei was killed in front of Yuji? Was it fridging when Nanami got killed in front of Yuji?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mei Mei is one of the smartest characters in the series, in that she will just loving leave instead of getting killed by willingly getting into a fight she knows she can't win.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to her.”

I didn't say she was a good person. Like, Yuji is a headstrong dumbass who has been killed multiple times because he throws himself into unwinnable fights, but he's well-loved and respected because he won't back down if someone is in danger. Mei Mei is smarter (not as smart as Todo), but that aspect of her is dragged down by everything involving her brother.

The hotel having...that was completely unnecessary and creepy. Just why? Why put that to paper? Was it mandated? What the gently caress?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Todo taught Yuji a whole lot during their fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What exactly is his cursed technique because the last fight of the movie made it seem like he can just do whatever he wants

He (Rika) copies the abilities he sees, but in a more limited form and without all the "spent years learning the ins and outs" knowledge. He didn't have the amount of control that Inumaki does, when he was using the conjured megaphone.