Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Cursed Technique: Glock

Just like Demon Slayer; if you can’t do the show’s special powers, get a strap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Apprentice Dick posted:

The ice cold expression when she made the brother split in half was also cool and good.

The twisted grin she gave right before she started jabbing nails into her own arm :stonk:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Girls just wanna have fun, is that A CRIME now

If I was a Jujutsu Sorcerer, I would simply live in the first cour ED.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RillAkBea posted:

BRB gotta go watch wormman 1-3

It’s Human Earthworm!!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I remember Human Earthworm 3 hewing a bit closer to The Human Centipede. The bit in the trailer for 4 where all the little human earthworm babies come crawling out of the woodwork was pretty freaky.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
drat I really enjoyed this episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I like the idea that Gojo killed Geto, but just couldn’t let Shoko exorcise him totally. Gojo’s a little poo poo, but he cares about people, even a genocidal maniac who used to be his best friend.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

OnimaruXLR posted:

I know that they're all horrible malevolent entities bent on human death and suffering, but I can't help but like Hanami and Jogo a little. I think part of it is that they're nature-based cursed spirits so they just don't have as strong a stink of human treachery and sadism about them the way that Mahito or Sukuna do

Hanami, I can understand, she was just fighting for the preservation of Earth.

But Jogo? gently caress that guy and his nasty teeth, he’s such a poo poo.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

yum posted:

as a manga reader, the only thing in my mind when I’m watching the anime is that the people at Mappa really really want to bang Gojo

My girlfriend’s TikTok feed is nothing but people being horny for that bit where Gojo ripped Jogo’s arm off, so I guess everyone wants a piece of the action.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I can’t believe that after such a brutal, intense episode, they left us with a goddamn Jojo reference.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I’m anime-only, and I figured Maki’s still alive just because she didn’t get a drawn-out death scene/sequence. But who knows, next episode might have a bit where Yuji rounds a corner, shouts her name, and then Mahito explodes her. Make it a triple-play, Gege.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Much love to my boy Todo having a magical girl transformation sequence, go get em king.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
It looks like a more hosed up Mugen Train, which is what I imagined the inside of a flesh train made out of a cursed body would look.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Schubalts posted:

Mei Mei is one of the smartest characters in the series, in that she will just loving leave instead of getting killed by willingly getting into a fight she knows she can't win.

You do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to her.”

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Popo posted:

Meimei was right to flee and I hate that her character will be forever stained not because she was smart/conniving enough to flee (characters don't have to be moral to be good) but because Gege inflicted Uiui on us. You can almost sense MAPPA not being a fan either, making the bed roughly 40 feet wide.

Meimei’s never been presented in a good light, she’s only cared about money to a ridiculous degree, and we even saw earlier this arc how she was willing to sacrifice Uiui, and how glad he was to do it. While Nanami fought and died to the very end because of what he believed was right, Meimei bolted to where Nanami wanted to retire, raped her brother, and did some insider trading. It ties into what Gojo and others in this thread have said, Jujutsu Sorcerer society is completely rotten top-to-bottom, and you almost have to be screwed up in the head to be a Jujutsu Sorcerer.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lamebot posted:

I think having that gross out scene makes her someone to be clearly loathed rather than an a cool yet indifferent money grubbing mercenary without her outright betraying the protagonists.

Yeah, there’s a difference between an awful girlboss and someone who’s truly vile, and the creators want you to know which one Meimei is.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Jerkface posted:

Has anyone watched the finale yet? Not sure how well this works as the capper to a season of anime...

the good guys accomplished little to nothing, a lot of them died, and the bad guy implements his grand plan right in their faces. Another one of those things where animating something out to ~10 minutes makes it seem weird that they just stand around and let the villain go ahead and do crazy jujutsu magic on the entire populace of Japan. Why did Yuki even show up to not fight? lol

This is probably something that will flow better on a rewatch when you can immediately play the next episode, but going from constant huge fights to a finale that’s mostly people talking, no matter how big the stakes are, feels underwhelming. It didn’t help that this was, to me, one of the hardest episodes for understanding The Lore in a show that has difficult-to-understand Lore.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Reminder that Mappa is doing the next season of One-Punch Man.

Jesus loving christ someone’s gotta stop their management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
That was news to the audience, and the way it was written made me initially think Yuta was responsible for loppin em off.