Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ha im sure shes fine! doin great even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like the character deaths. It shows how much of a gently caress up loser Gojo is. He can't protect those much weaker than him (the students and flashback sacrificial girl, all the normies that sukuna kills) and he can't save his colleagues (Geto and Nanami etc). All because he is a moron who keeps getting outfoxed, which is apparently not that difficult to do. He really thinks he's smarter than he really is. His only plan was to walk into an obvious trap and go "I'm the strongest heh heh". It seems pretty explicitly to be his responsibility as the strongest sorceror to not let poo poo like Shibuya happen, but unfortunately he is too dumb. If you squint, you can kinda compare him to The Natural (book, not movie), where being born as the best at something doesn't necessarily mean much if the person is a gently caress up.

I really hope he doesn't get a redemption arc, but if he does it would need to be extremely convincing.

to be fair to gojo its worked out for him every time beforehand

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

eh maybe too many manga parts touched on for this thread! sorry

bean mom fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 29, 2023

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bean mom posted:

eh maybe too many manga parts touched on for this thread! sorry

eh gently caress it, for those able to watch it, it does a great breakdown of the disappointment of the women of jjk

warning: substantial manga commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYd3zw7ZVpo