Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Hunter x Hunter also has a scene with a character with the top of his skull removed and the bad guy poking around in his brain with some needles so Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't really strike me as that bad. The thing in WSJ that skeeved me out the most that I remember is that bit in Toriko where the guy with a weird skeleton has his cocyxx punched out of his body then his bones destroyed. Though I don't think it was that graphic it still weirded me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm glad there is a specific Do Not Eat warning

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Penis

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Starsnostars posted:

The new OP and ED are not as good as the ones they replaced.

Hard agree.

More of my boy Todo Aoi coming up, hell yeah.

I like that with Mechamaru they don't even attempt any lipsync or anything.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Panda is not a Panda

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Very important to understand the critical hit mechanics correctly.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Todou has powerful nen user energy. He fights by thinking really quickly about the specifics of his opponent's power, obviously. But the way his ability is so basic is used as a strength by saying how it works, that being a lie and bluffing over how he COULD use and and when he does what exactly he'll do is so fun for me to watch. He's the best.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I actually really like how they handle Gojou. In a lot of shows there's this impression that the mentor figure is powerful, but you end up with them getting beaten and the heroes step up and it makes the mentor kind of look like a chump despite the hype, or you run into the problem of wondering why the gently caress the old man didn't just break the main villain over his knees rather than letting him kill half the cast first.

I also like that Gojou is the top dog because it feels like in every show the best dude around is always some ancient old guy who is really entrenched in the status quo and Gojou being this young, transcendental Goku type while also having motive to upset the established authority is refreshing in shounen. It's nice how everyone knows what a tank he is too. The old guy's first instinct on Gojou showing up to his fight is to yell at him not to kill the guy. He knows the fight is over.

I mean, obviously they'll need to sideline him or something eventually because this is Yuji's story but this is like the second time he's actually done something. If I had to guess he's got, at most, one more rear end kicking before he's banished to the spirit realm or sent off to kill a spirit in Australia or something.

It's fun having the villains be on the back foot too.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
By sheer coincidence it looks like where I fell behind on the manga was basically the end of season 1, so I'm back in the dark about the future story.

JJK has a high number of top tier shounen women in it. Nobara's techniques and attitude in this episode were great, I'm glad the end of the episode teased more Nobara and Maki action coming. Along with Panda and my boy Todo it looks like everyone cool is going to return.

It's like team 7 but I like all of them and they are actually friends this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
God of High school's fights really didn't do anything for me, tbh.

If I had one critisism of JJK it's that there are moments in some of the fight scenes that feel very.. floaty. Where the characters and the environments don't quite sync up right and it feels a little like the characters are just cutouts being moved around. Now, it's only an occasional thing in JJK, there are also scenes like Yuji landing his final hit this episode for example, that work really well to sell the action, but I thought in God of High school it was floaty almost all the time, sometimes on impacts too, and I just could not give a poo poo about a single fight in that show.

The director is improving is what I'm saying. I hope they are back for season 2.