Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, the fact that this shares a director with God of High School but has source material that's actually good should allay anyone's fears about this anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Nanami's cool. also extremely based on Kira Yoshikage?

Got that Kenjiro Tsuda serial killer drawl, too. Just a walking bundle of pent-up salaryman fury.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Increasingly convinced that Miwa and Aoi are the only heterosexual members of the cast.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

It's right out of Hunter X Hunter, and that's a good thing.

I'm just remembering the main villain of Greed Island, who had to deliver an entire evil monologue as the arming mechanism for his bombs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t think Simple domain can’t be outright overwhelmed by a stronger domain, but all it does is pretty much create a safe zone in it where you won’t get guaranteed hit.

It does also let you autohit just like any other domain, which is quite nice.

Regarding Gojou, I guess the other thing about him is that jujutsu practitioners draw power from curses. Having power means that you are cursed, that you become a curse on the world yourself, or both. So what the gently caress has he got hanging over him that lets him be so stupidly powerful as a fair trade?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

And not a serial killer.

Correction: a socially-acceptable serial killer.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta say, Megumi's Domain Expansion felt like the sort of thing that in some other shonen shows might result in a couple of minutes of talking to the audience about what it does and what it means he can do now. Here, they just conveyed everything through pure bravura animation, and it was completely understandable.

Seriously, just imagine that fight scene in Bleach.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

I enjoy how the only dedicated shonen battle manga moralist is Yuji (and maybe Panda), and how that is offset by the fact that he's got Super Satan occupying his body. I haven't read further in the manga than where the anime has gone, but I hope that stays consistent throughout the series, because the literal foundation of the setting is "Using curses to fight curses" which would make it really weird if they redeem and recruit Mahito with the power of friendship at some point

I mean, a curse is a curse. They're basically just masses of negative energy that exist to make the world worse, and their degree of sapience only affects their capacity to commit evil rather than their interest in doing so. The grey area is with humans, who do have free will (even those who are cursed or who are users of curses), so all bets are off there. The Death Paintings Nobara and Yuji fought were basically just weird-looking humans with creepy superpowers, so they had free will rather than being literal forces of elemental evil, but the same wouldn't apply to Mahito and his Disaster Curse buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I liked the 2nd ED, but I do agree that Lost in Paradise is just delicious audio goodness made song.

Unfortunately, we're probably not going to get any more audio content from ALI for a while (if ever) after their drummer got caught defrauding grannies.