Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's my jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The full song for the ED, Lost in Paradise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnakQRoQRzk

Just an absolutely righteous jam. Shake your moneymakers! :dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Quick reminder that Takaya Kuroda is not only the voice but also the physical likeness inspiration for Kiryu (which is what probably ended up getting him the part in the first place).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wish I could go to a revolving sushi place.

Also never realized there's a difference between a revolving sushi place and regular sushi place. Is it like a fast food place vs. a sit down restaurant?
Dude, if you have the chance, treat yourself. Not a super fan of sushi, but it's loving dope to taste the metaphorical sushi rainbow.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Weekly Shounen Jump has changed a lot throughout the years, but do remember that JoJo ran on WSJ for 18 years and before JoJo, there was Fist of the North Star. And neither Hirohiko Araki nor Tetsuo Hara + Buronson were afraid of some good ol' gory violencing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, the Crunchy apps are notoriously crappy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized that the thread title was slightly wrong, so, uh... there ya' go! :sweatdrop:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pootybutt posted:

Just noticed the ED is from the same artists who did Beastars' OP.
It's legit one of my favorite songs of the year. There's just such a ridiculously rich amount of joie de vivre in the song that it legit puts me in the mood to boogie something fierce.

:emptyquote:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The VA for Marco Diaz ending up voicing Itadori seems rather... out of the ordinary.

Everyone else seems fine.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's a Panda. A panda voiced by Domon Kasshu and Kanji Tatsumi's VA. His hands need to be ready to make fists. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nobara is a smart girl. She understands that there's only a finite number of things you can possibly give a gently caress about and has decided to spend her fucks to give wisely.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I'm glad that the villians using their friend's head as a soccer ball after he got destroyed is canon.
Defeated (but somehow still alive) villains getting their heads used in darkly humorous + humilliating ways is nothing out of the ordinary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxeGbfS3frE

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh Nanami, you little poo poo. :allears:

Everything Burrito posted:

thread is now the Nanami Appreciation Zone
vvvv Done! Use your powers wisely. vvvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 28, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

like how you have to be an rear end in a top hat to have a Stand
Or part of a group of Altruistic Duwang Teenagers Righting Wrongs. :dadjoke:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Got that Kenjiro Tsuda serial killer drawl, too. Just a walking bundle of pent-up salaryman fury.
That attitude is 100% from someone who had a "slightly lovely" boss while working a crappy job. Like not completely "Wish I could deck 'em in the face every time" type boss but the type who drops buzzwords left and right and whose attitude drive you up the loving wall.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He seems to be recovering that bit by bit, though. Most people who get their soul sucked by their job by-and-large tend to have a very "whatever" sort of attitude even during their free-time. And as D-Dub pointed out, he does seem to harbor a lot of pent-up fury from previous experiences. For example:

^^^^ Those are the words of someone who absolutely cares. He just has no chill about it whatsoever.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fabricated posted:

It's a bit vague. In the manga Gojo says that Sukuna was a man (human) first, but when Yuji asks about the fingers he says that Sukuna originally had 4 arms as well- this would require him to have had those 4 arms as a person because his grave wax became cursed after his death which includes his fingers. But we only see Sukuna even in his mental realm as Evil-Yuji, with 2 arms. It's weird.
Maybe it's because he's doing the whole "appearance is in the eye of the beholder" thing and he looks like Yuji because, well, they're sharing a body.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's a good ED, just a different vibe. Lost in Paradise is a struttin' song, is the song you hear while walking with confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfE5rR75mi0

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like rear end in a top hat muscleman because rear end in a top hat characters can be fun. I like rear end in a top hat muscleman even more now that he has someone to bond with regarding his preference in girls.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is tall or has a big butt but maybe that's part of the joke???

chiasaur11 posted:

Five foot nine. Tall for an American woman, very tall by Japanese standards. For reference, she's an inch taller than Yuuji.
This has been a fairly common joke since forever of japanese characters that like curvy foreigners; to give you an idea concerning heights, voice actresses Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in SAO; 165/5'5'') and Aki Toyosaki (Yui in K-On; 169;5'7'') are considered very tall for Japanese women.
  • Dumb note #1: Back from my days of learning Japanese in the late 90's, I got my hand in a few of the KOF and Samurai Shodown's "GAMEST! Comics" anthologies. One of the first ones I got was basically profiles of SamSho characters and I remember Kyoshiro Senryo (the kabuki dancer) citing his favorite kind of woman being "A westerner with measurements Japanese women would be baffled by".
  • Dumb note #2: One of my bandmates has pictures and posters of all her celebrity crushes on her rehearsal space's corner, and J-Law features prominently in said photo/poster collage, so hearing Yuji confess back in ep 2 and then said confession making a (surprisingly plot-relevant!) comeback in ep 15 has been fairly funny since it's like hearing my bandmate talking about her crush on her. :mmmhmm:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can create the thread if you feel like. Apparently, the arc that just finished running in the manga was off the hook, hence why I'm staying the hell away from spoilers for the time being.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love Nobara but holy poo poo, Maki using her weapon like that slapped really hard.

That's a "Perfect amount of fucks to give" attitude if I ever saw one.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ2qJOU8FPc

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Try to keep manga spoiler talk to a minimum (I am aware that between where the anime is at rn and where the manga is there are like 3 arcs, with one of them being big enough to take a whole 2-cour by itself apparently), but this:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Slight spoilers
This is loving wild. :stonk:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I liked that they cast Nico's VA and she's using her boy-ish voice.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sana-kan posted:

I'm really digging this show's soundtrack.
April 21 (the release date for the soundtrack) cannot come fast enough, afaic.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. I mean, Nanamin is straight up Yoshikage Kira except... y'know, more pissed off.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Had to rewatch the fight scene a couple of times, it's so good. I got a new favorite battle song too.
I don't think anything beats the "flighty but then eerie and heavily threatening" vibe this OST they used vs Hanami does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RkPNJkwYGM

Also really love the one on Nanami's first shown outing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35mzLOGiEw

Actually I just like our ex-Salaryman returnee, Kento Nanami, in general. Kenjiro Tsuda voicing him is the sort of thing that puts a skip in your (pissed-off) step.

e: Me don't speak americano. :sigh:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 20, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
From what I gather, Sukuna is big on the whole "gently caress YOU I DO WHAT I WANT, MOTHERFUCKER". That's his vibe.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully they take their time to make sure everything remains a banger for season 2, but :yeah: the hype is just too strong and it's hard to be rational when this season turned so drat spectacular!

I want more of these dumbasses dumbassing + rear end-kicking their way through more cool fights.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't read the manga but I heard/read from a couple of people that there is a "Dark Tournament"-type arc (if we were to compare it to YuYu Hakusho) coming up in the manga right after this which apparently is long enough to sustain another 2-cour season without problem.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think my buddy meant less "Tournament Arc!"-type thing and more "when the series goes from OK to loving excellent"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rohan Kishibe posted:

It's like team 7 but I like all of them and they are actually friends this time.
It's weird that you mention Naruto, because with the main teacher it feels like they swapped roles a little bit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Already pre-ordered that OST. :krad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, there's really not much to discuss because, aside from some "floaty" fight scenes here and some slight apparent cut-off content there (please note: haven't read the manga and still wondering whether I should ATM), the show had near universal praise across the board, even from people (like yours truly) who are normally wary of shounen manga.

I liked almost all of the cast, too! And their dynamics.

Oh dear lord, these precious dumbasses. ::allears: :kimchi:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nanami's full theme Holy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35mzLOGiEw

(meaning the one used on this scene, track name is "7:3" on the OST)

It didn't need to go as hard as it did, but I'm sure loving glad it did. :peanut::rock::dance:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vanderdeath posted:

I am going to find the person (who doesn't have a 530,000 IQ) that decided to switch the ED away from Lost in Paradise and fighting them. That song is a freaking bop.
I liked the 2nd ED, but I do agree that Lost in Paradise is just delicious audio goodness made song.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also some names appear to be fucky/repeated, too.

Here's hoping I get the CD's soon. :shobon:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Japan is still pretty conservative + ruthless about controversies of this type (and about a shitload of other things, but let's not get bogged down because of that rn).

Also as a reminder:
  • When the singer of Jinkaku Radio talked some mild smack about Yui Horie (Chie in Persona 4, Hanekawa in the Monogatari series, Wiz in KonoSuba, shitloads of other things because she's 44 and has been active since she's 23 :cmon:) they got shitlisted for a couple of years.
  • Ai Takabe got arrested because she (allegedly) had the slightest bit of cocaine in her person and 11-year career was over because of that.
Of course, the drummer from ALI was running a fraudulent-rear end scam, so it's not completely unwarranted that he get shitcanned. Still, at least it wasn't anything as ghoulish as Ian Watkins. :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also reminder that Yuji and co. ain't fighting rank-and-file curses or anything of that sort when he starts busting out the black flashes: They're fighting cataclysm/disaster-level curses, powerful aberrations that require people with a ton of strength to properly dispatch.