Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sindai posted:

Gojou is...extremely Kakashi at first glance.

Gojou is what Kakashi wishes he could be.

Also yeah, this anime rocks. I'm surprised at how good it looks, I hope the animation quality stays because it's making an already great manga even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see that people have started using the ending for other series and I goddamn hope this becomes a trend because this is beautiful.

(Jojo spoilers, including for parts that aren't in the anime yet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDvx1_gpy9A

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mai is already a significantly better character in the anime than she ever was in the manga and that's because of the Juju Scroll this week alone. I'm taking it as canon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

I still love Nanami's little speech about the accumulation of little despairs being what makes someone an adult.

It's the kind of thing that I can't imagine would work at all for the actual intended audience of the manga (this is still a Shonen Jump series) but for the adult audience...well, he's got a point. Nanamin's great.

Also,

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dislikeness ended with TOUDOU. Now TOUDOU is MY BEST FRIEND.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would also love if we could get the 4 chapter Volume 0 adapted.

Volume 0 feels like something you'd adapt into an OVA that comes with the Blu-ray release of the series. I hope it gets adapted one way or another though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is there a manga thread? There's a lot to talk there too that obviously shouldn't be said here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

The manga was doing good numbers before the anime and now has gotten a Kimetsu-style spike in volume sales, so it's going nowhere unless the mangaka wants it to.

And considering how the manga just finished a big arc and started another, I'd say that the manga's got some fuel in it still. I can see it going on for a few more years, so the anime adaptation won't run out of material, even less so with a seasonal approach.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Something I could not enjoy in the manga for obvious reasons was Toudou's extreme amount of English.

SANKYU, MAI BESTO FURENDO
CONGRATULATIONS, MAI FURENDO
BROZAAAAAA

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Todou has powerful nen user energy. He fights by thinking really quickly about the specifics of his opponent's power, obviously. But the way his ability is so basic is used as a strength by saying how it works, that being a lie and bluffing over how he COULD use and and when he does what exactly he'll do is so fun for me to watch. He's the best.

I'm pretty sure Akutani (the mangaka behind this) has outright stated that Hunter x Hunter is a big, if not the biggest, of his inspirations, so that's absolutely deliberate. Akutani's love for HxH shows in a lot too, except, and thank god for it, its release schedule.

Also while we can point out how beautiful every battle is forever (and rightfully so), I have to bring attention to how weirdly inhuman Gojo looks. I love it. Like, his weird eyes and extremely long eyelashes give this mystical, otherwordly look that MAPPA perfectly nailed.

Here's an anime-manga comparison I coincidentally just found, god I really like the anime take on it a lot, like it's a straight adaptation but it works incredibly well
https://twitter.com/JJKPerfectShots/status/1365348601589825537

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 27, 2021

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of the manga, I do have to wonder when/if they're going to adapt Volume 0. The character from it doesn't show up for quite a while in the story but they put him in the second OP so?

We have four episodes left so if it gets adapted, it won't be now. I imagine it'd be a good one to start next season or maybe as an OVA with the bluray release.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hang on he's just Todo now? What happened to his U's?

The manga's official translation always used Todo so it was weird that the anime used Toudou. I'm glad that that was changed.

Also "wants to punch a zebra someday" broke me and I have no idea why. The rest were also hilarious but that one was extreme.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

marumaru posted:

I was legit wide-eyed for almost all of this episode. Seriously great stuff, she looked like a total psycho.

I'm pretty sure it was posted in this very thread but being a Jujutsu Sorcerer means you have to be a bit messed up. Their power is literal curses, after all. We saw it last ep with Fushiguro and here with Kugisaki, the moment where any anime would give them angry or determined faces, here they get slasher smiles that would be far more in place in a villain. And that's just how this world works. I love it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This seems like a good time to check the official AMV for Remember again. What a great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4xJ6Is0zQ

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 20, 2023

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brutal Garcon posted:

For all the fuss the story has made over sorcerer families and their inherited powers, the only two Zen'ins we've seen with the same ability are the super strength ones that everyone looks down on.

Well yeah, it's kind of the point. Every family wants to perpetuate their strongest abilities, they also have no way to. What ability a person is born with is entirely down to luck, even inside the same families. The Zen'ins would really like more Ten Shadows users, but only Fushiguro got that one. The Gojos probably would love having a million Satorus born with power far beyond any other living being, but there's just the one. It makes them highly valuable inside their own family even when they'd rather not be. Meanwhile, people that would want to be accepted by their families may be put on a lower position or kicked out because they weren't born with a good ability, or worse, were born with no Cursed Energy like Maki and Toji (with the extra irony that removing Toji from the Zen'in also meant they lost their chance at Ten Shadows from Toji's own son, something they had no way to predict because, again, Cursed Abilities are a RNGfest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This episode really did feel very MHA in terms of animation, I imagine there's some shared names there.