Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You could basically upload this entire episode to Sakugabooru goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

oh, is it not? I haven't watched it yet but I had super assumed it was with how fast the mom's death came and went

nah we're halfway through but the rest of the series is going to be a different arc

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yo that was a good loving episode

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A 17 year old animated that scene.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Specifically Akutami listed Hunter X Hunter, Naruto, Bleach, One Punch Man and...Evangelion as his inspirations for JJK

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my favorite thing is the ALI drummer got arrested again recently because of a second entirely different fraud scam

dude fuckin loves fraud

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Going into this episode I wondered if it'd be as brutal as it looked in the manga

yep

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RillAkBea posted:

I think there's probably only 1 episode of the backstop arc left either way.

yep, and then a three week break before we rejoin the main characters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah it's a different director and largely different staff this season, that's way the vibe is very different.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

drat I really enjoyed this episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

they really had fun squeezing as many mecha references as they could into the time they had

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cedilla posted:

Sorry, can you elaborate a bit?

This week's episode was them very clearly hitting a wall because aside from a couple of cuts it was pretty rough all around

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Undead Unluck and it isn't even close. :colbert:

also the overall better anime this season tbh and if the staff is being horrifically mistreated at least it wasn't bad enough for them to openly talk about it on twitter so it has that going for it too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Subversion also doesn't mean any of it is inherently good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There absolutely were people talking about the lovely working conditions during Chainsaw Man (especially when they left out Denji talking about union benefits in the adaptation and people pulled up a bunch of things about Mappa being a shtty place to work)

I think JJK is more of things coming to a head, hitting the point where it's just no longer sustainable.

(it should also be pointed out that odds are every anime studio is a lovely place to work because the industry has become too big for the amount of labor it has available to it)

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 1, 2024