Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've always liked Nobara's power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Still really digging that ED.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://store.crunchyroll.com/collections/suspense-horror/products/jujutsu-kaisen-special-grade-cursed-object-ryomen-sukunas-finger-proplica
You too can order a super gross cursed finger prop.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The English dub starts next week.

Adam McArthur as Yūji Itadori
Robbie Daymond as Megumi Fushiguro
Anne Yatco as Nobara Kugisaki
Kaiji Tang as Satoru Gojō
Ray Chase as Ryōmen Sukuna

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Todou is the best

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Obviously everyone here is already watching it but starting next week the English dub will be hitting HBO Max. Which I guess is a good sign since it means they think it will find an audience?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I watched the first episode of the English dub and it was okay. Definitely not going to be one of those ones that surpasses the original Japanese version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're not bad but like Attack on Titan they kind of knocked it out of the park on the first go.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad we finally got to the dream sequence. It is one of my favorite moments from the manga.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With the way shows are produced nowadays they won't catch up any time soon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pootybutt posted:

They were takin notes from Demon Slayer when doin effects work on this show, it always looks so tight.

also suddenly fairly worried about great teacher and good boy gojou

I like how they've standardized how cursed energy looks so whenever it comes up it is the same effect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really glad that the opening shows the baseball game because that was a fun chapter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BASE
BALL
EPISODE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of the manga, I do have to wonder when/if they're going to adapt Volume 0. The character from it doesn't show up for quite a while in the story but they put him in the second OP so?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else's subtitles get a little wonky when they were putting all that info on screen?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nobara winning the fight was super cool.

Sorry, let me fix that:

Nobara winning the fight was super cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Only problem with it was no after credits short.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also that thing where one of the actors in the videogame Judgment got caught doing drugs they pulled the game from shelves and recast the character. Which involved redoing the character model since it was based on the actor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/JujutsuKaisen/status/1404029517409226761
Movie release date of 12/24.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bumping thread because they've finally announced a US/Canada release date for the movie, March 18th.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/jujutsu-kaisen-0-movie-english-trailer-synopsis/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 2 officially announced... to air in 2023.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that movie tickets go on sale today.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The way the movie is structured I could definitely see them pulling a Demon Slayer with it and putting it out as a couple of episodes before the new season.

Unrelated to the actual content of the movie it did show that the series is popular because the screening I went to was pretty packed. And as I was leaving I saw a couple of people in cosplay.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did a quick re-read of Volume 0 and the biggest differences between the two is that the movie adds in scenes with people who don't appear in the manga but would have been around at the time. Also adding in things like during the Panda/Geto fight having Panda change forms.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Movie made about $17 million in the US box office over the weekend which is fairly respectable for an anime movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I saw the movie despite my only previous experience with JJK was skimming the wiki for 15 minutes

I enjoyed it and was generally able to follow the plot. My burning question is what is the deal with Panda? Is he an actual panda bear or what?

Something you can do with curse power is animate dolls to perform tasks/fight. Panda is basically the pinnacle of that kind of curse power in that he is self sustaining and is his own unique being.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://youtu.be/VUXHOBT0sUM

July

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

papasyhotcakes posted:

So I just started watching this the last month and what a great series. Just in time for season 2 to pick up steam even if I thought the throwaway comment of "oh the girl you almost died protecting? we had a spare" cheapened out a little bit what had just happened. I would have liked to see the consequences of the sacrifice not happening

If you haven't yet now is actually the perfect time to watch the movie, JJK0, because this is basically where it takes place in continuity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was very funny browsing tik tok last night where there were so many videos of people horny about Nanami this episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it is definitely pulling the hair by the ponytail. If it had been done any different it wouldn't have come across so horny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah a really great fight this episode. Also I really love the OP of this arc.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nobara is always on that Queen poo poo. Her power is super cool and she always looks awesome using it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It happening once you could chalk it up to Todo being weird, the fact it happened twice and to someone who wasn't primed to actually like Itadori means there's something to it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is funny how they had to keep qualifying how Gojo was the exception to everything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do think that is kind of a problem with the series where a lot of the fun character stuff just kind of gets pushed to the wayside.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I loving hated this moment in the manga and honestly it kind of soured me on the series as a whole.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brutal Garcon posted:

Blah, blah fridging etc. Meanwhile, I think getting rid of (in whatever fashion) Nobara is a bad move because (a) she's one of the better characters in the show (b) with her voodoo stuff she's one of the only major characters who actually seems tied into the nominal "curse" theming of the setting - even the characters who are curses just seem to murder people using superpowers

Also we JUST got a big "character that Itadori cares about" death with Nanami so killing off Nobara just feels redundant and pointlessly cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Todo is so great but it is probably for the best that he's used so sparingly.