Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Omnicrom posted:

"Todo, everyone really hates you!"

I could not stop laughing the entire time the dude was up to bat.

Nice pitch! :thumbsup:
All the profile factoids were great.

And Gojou not stepping on the ants was a great touch.

I half expected Itadori's hit to go foul. It would've matched the tone of the game a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Jujutsu Kaisen: Where everybody gets a reality marble!

The action in this episode was so loving slick.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think the idea is they leech off the cursed energy rather than be a vessel for sukuna. Or i think he cant incarnate in a cursed spirits body

("A cursed spirits body is no fun" and all)

Well, not all of them are cursed spirits. The green dude spitting blood (and probably his aniki?) are just dudes force-fed fingers.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Even the animation outside the fight was insane. That back and forth between Yuji and Nobara afterwards had a lot of neat little head movements and perspective shifts.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
There’s only like…one beefcake in the show though?

Everyone else is either a gimmick character or some variation of brooding Sasuke bishounen.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
This season is loving lit, holy poo poo.

I'm honestly kind of tired of entire arcs going through the mentor's backstory trope in shounen, but gently caress it. When it's this level of quality. At this point I'm just watching this like it's a different anime set in the same universe as season 1.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Conspiratiorist posted:

It'd take him a number of years but yeah, he could. He's physically unstoppable, near inexhaustible, can teleport vast distances, and has the firepower to level a city in short order.

Gojo is loving jujutsu superman.

And it's in that classic shounen action anime roundabout sort of way.

Sure, keeping my "you can't touch me" powers subconsciously active 24/7 fries my brain, but I just happen to have a secondary regen power that autoheals that damage using a fraction of the energy I generate naturally.

No sweat. :rolleyes:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
But Miwa is gonna be sad, you heartless fucks. :colbert:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Pour one out for Toji. Truly the most domineering of spirits.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Is it wrong my first thought after witnessing the carnage was "Wait. Did he just nuke Nanami?!" But man. He gonna need some ointment for that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ninjewtsu posted:

i've perpetually felt like nobara is criminally underused and has only gotten a couple of actually cool fight sequences so i'm not super broken up over her death, so much as the entire character feels like she represents a weird gaping flaw in the writing of jjk. honestly would be interested to see what the comparative screentime between nanami and nobara was because i also felt like nanami was a more developed character than her and his death seems like a bigger deal to me personally.

s2 has still been way better than s1 though, which was bog standard shounen with some "clever twists" that didn't really amount to any meaningful going off the beaten path from typical shounen (i also found the comedy consistently eyerolling more than anything, glad there's generally been less of that). i really thought very little of s1's writing (i generally considered it "inoffensive enough to serve as connective tissue between fight sequences"), so the cool fights were holding up s1 hard and s2 has at least occasionally had interesting and sometimes compelling writing, on top of better fights. honestly in that regard as much as people have been down on the recent fight sequences i'd still consider just about all of them in the top 10% of shounen fights, show's been delivering for me.

this whole arc seems to basically be an extended red wedding for the story, which if nothing else has made for a bunch of fun/impactful moments. i'm interested to see how the status quo gets shaken up but gojo is the only character in the show i still have any amount of emotional investment in, and it doesn't look like he's actually going to escape, so :shrug:

This is kind of where I stand. The only event that makes me even consider Nobara a "main character" was the tagteam with Yuji at the end of S1. Everything else comes from the Op/Ed of S1 and how much she was used in the advertising. The reality is she was probably #3 or #4 for spoken lines and screen time by female characters this season.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Goddamnit. Just loving kill him already! :argh:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
JJK is getting one of my 5 slots for AOTY.

It good.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

pork never goes bad posted:

I do not think the folks enjoying this arc are fairly engaging with it.

Counterpoint: Anyone who thought Nobara was a plot-armored main character were misinterpreting season 1.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Reminder that Mappa is doing the next season of One-Punch Man.

Does this mean I need to actually watch season 2?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Not really a fan of MHA, but from the first season, I really liked Aizawa. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RubberLuffy posted:

Seems like the blurays are out that have the (animation complete) big Sukuna fight in them and people have them

https://twitter.com/v2TokyoGhost/st...%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770165013568774296

:stare:

Yooooooooooo. What the gently caress, I've never seen upgrades like that. Even the Madoka blurays didn't go that hard.