Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Maki in general just owns a loving lot

I feel bad for Miwa there because Mai's grudge-based assessment of Maki just straight-up fucks her over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Or you could have just watched the movie at some point.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

everydayfalls posted:

I mean that's obvious now.

But why would they put a whole flashback arc at the beginning of this series and not have it contain the relevant details to the reset of the season? None of the characters arc in the beginning of the season matters because a curse ate him. It still counts because it showed Goto's arc which was cool and good. But why waste the screen time on Suguru's realization that he should kill all normies if he has been dead this whole time.

It was always obvious because it was never presented or talked about as anything other than canon.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Something's not more interesting just because it's what your poor reading of the situation led you to.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I will stop bugging folks about it but I haven't talked about or referenced anything that hasn't been explicitly shown in the anime. I do want to offer a courtesy aside: I did just notice that spoiler tags don't carry through to the post history page so uh, please be wary of clicking that button!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I largely just got a kick out of the extent to which it looked like Nanami was gonna just shred his shirt with the slightest errant flex at any given moment

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Narrators own

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Schubalts posted:

People keep saying that, but the gender ratio for deaths and rear end kickings is drat near equal. Was it fridging when Junpei was killed in front of Yuji? Was it fridging when Nanami got killed in front of Yuji?

It's a bigass case of "I don't like it, and instead of just dealing with that it has to be An Issue"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lamebot posted:

Thinking about Miwa's binding vow: it must suck to learn you had no future potential to sacrifice to begin with.

Eh, the problem is that she kind of wasn't all that attached to it anyway, she just kind of picked it up within the last few years when she became a sorcerer because that's what she happened to have some aptitude in. Giving it up had no real meaning attached to it, and thus it didn't result in much.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

Having female characters accomplish nothing then get murdered is pretty fuckin bad.

she didn't accomplish nothing. mahito was beatable because she chunked the absolute poo poo out of him with her technique, which is more than most anyone else in shibuya accomplished against jogo's crew.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think if she got tagged while actually fighting with Yuji, or through some clever trick from Mahito it would’ve felt better

I mean, it was a clever trick. He forced her to pursue him down and around a corner where he could quickly switch his main body with his double while also positioning his body to hide what he had done as she rounded said corner so as to futz with her reaction times.

The problem is the scene got adapted extremely poorly, and made it seem like she had ages to think about it and react vs a fraction of a second while also not really making it clear what Mahito was doing with his positioning. From Nobara rounding the corner to the smack was 4 panels over two pages (not counting some narration-only panels), and one of those four was just Yuji shouting. It also cut out that even with Mahito's tricks she actually did attempt to block/deflect and was just slightly too slow against what's supposed to be the faster 'main' body. The other side of that token, of course, being that blocking would only have been truly effective against the double, but that's also the point of the trick.

e: It's honestly somewhat wild. The anime staff clearly love Nobara but then they turned around and did her really dirty with that scene.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 24, 2023

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

pork never goes bad posted:

Ahhh gently caress so much this. But I do wanna keep fucken zooming in on the sexism for another sec because I do not think the folks enjoying this arc are fairly engaging with it.

It is completely fine, and fair, for people not to engage with media in an utterly miserable fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Alternatively the culling game is now what Mappa is called in general

lmao

:smith: