Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

can someone let me know what this "so much promise" was

"i really like it so that means it must be deep and subversive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

The healer himself gave REALLY lovely odds.

this is a 100% guarantee that the character will survive, lol

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

It is completely fine, and fair, for people not to engage with media in an utterly miserable fashion

in addition im going to side-eye anyone who chooses the cartoon for 14 year old boys as their moral battleground

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sexism is when a woman I like in fiction dies.

it's also when a woman is bad. no other reason for a show aimed at young boys to acknowledge that grown women can be predators, except sexism. i am very smart and sincere

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Jerkface posted:

yea lets not act like JJK is doing a public service with Mei Mei's characterization lol

it's mostly gross, i just think the original big analysis post was kind of shallow and it was weird to not even consider any conclusion besides "the woman being the bad one, and the man being the positive (yet tragic) role model is automatic sexism"

ninjewtsu posted:

i also can't say i super appreciate this when i've been pretty vocally of the opinion that s2 is fantastic and s1's writing was not terribly strong. what insincere angle am i pursuing here???? this is the only topic where i'm saying s2 has some problems.

nah youre good man im just half shitposting into the ether. most of your takes seem pretty well thought out to me

YES bread fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 28, 2023